cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sas96
Serial Port
Views: 141,391
Message 45 of 5,089

[OFFICIAL] Android 8(Oreo) Update CONFIRMED!

Motorola has confirmed that Moto G5, Moto G5 will recieve Android Oreo update! Smiley Happy

3.jpg

It also further confirmed that these phones will receive security updates as well.

(I expected nothing less from Motorola.)

Spoiler
Note that this is just a confirmation and doesn't provide any definite release date as of yet. My guess would be by the end of this year.

So, there you have it! I hope all "when will.... get update?" questions stop now.

Source 1 : https://windroidwiz.wordpress.com/2017/06/07/android-o-oreo-update-official-confirmed-for-moto-g5-mo...

Source 2 : https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1949

Regards,
sas96
Shubhra0908
What's DOS?
Views: 141,026
Message 1 of 5,089

When n i get android oreo update in moto g5 plus?

Wh

Shubhra0908
What's DOS?
Views: 138,811
Message 2 of 5,089

Android Oreo

When can moto g5 plus get android oreo update?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 138,796
Message 3 of 5,089

Re: W

the developer preview only came out a week ago. Be patient, I'm sure it will be added to the update schedule

*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 138,721
Message 4 of 5,089

Re: Android Oreo

@Shubhra0908 wrote:

When can moto g5 plus get android oreo update?

Android O has not even been named yet. It may be called anything starting with O

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-o-name

But the actual code is unlikely to be finished until late summer  - September, then it goes to the OEMs like Motorola and they have to customize it for the G5 (drivers and other hardware specific settings) - so a good guess would be December - similar to the timeframe for G4 to get N. 

That is my opinion. I have no more information then anyone else. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
abhishekgabani
Punch Card
Views: 146,425
Message 5 of 5,089

Moto G5 Plus get Android O update..? Now most Stock android device get android O..

When will Moto G5 Plus get Android O update..? Now most Stock android device get android O..?

can motorola provides regularly security updates to Moto G5 Plus..?

We eagerly waiting for ANDROID O Update..

It will fix many android issue, battery drain issue, smooth experience and so on..

surrealjam
Punch Card
Views: 146,356
Message 6 of 5,089

Re: Moto G5 Plus get Android O update..? Now most Stock android device get android O..

Android O doesn't even have a release date (or a name!) yet so you're not going to get any commitment from Motorola or any other manufacturers.

I'd like to think the Moto G5 phones will get at least one "major" Android update (e.g. the G4 got an update from Marshmallow to Nougat) so that would mean the G5 starting on Nougat and going to O... but there are no guarantees.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 146,320
Message 7 of 5,089

Re: Moto G5 Plus get Android O update..? Now most Stock android device get android O..

@abhishekgabani wrote:

When will Moto G5 Plus get Android O update..? Now most Stock android device get android O..?

can motorola provides regularly security updates to Moto G5 Plus..?

We eagerly waiting for ANDROID O Update..

It will fix many android issue, battery drain issue, smooth experience and so on..

If you have battery drain ans other issues, you should work on fixing them now. My G5 Plus has none of these so the OS is not the problem. That means android O would likely make things worse on your phone, not better. 

@surrealjam is correct in his/her assessment. O is not out yet. It should release to Nexus/Pixel in August/September.  But the OEMs will then need months to modify it for each phone. So December/January at earliest. Some moto phones still are waiting on N - so if the G5 gets it, it could be a year from now. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Phrozencrew
Token Ring
Views: 146,159
Message 8 of 5,089

Your right in some way...  Most STOCK android devices like the Pixel phones get the Android O PREVIEW!

As mentioned, Android O don't have a release date and for sure it will met in Q4 as always.

Also, Lenovo phones including the Motorola range DON'T RUN ON STOCK ANDROID!!!  it might look like stock Android but it's heavenly modified. You can see it for yourself easy when you take a look at running services or if you look at the files in the system folder.

From what vo told this year you will not see Android 8 on the Leno devices and all updates will be hold till that moment... you might have noticed not even the security updates are available for any Lenovo phones running android 7.xx

You might ask to much, You did you buy a cheap Chinese phone....  Chinese phones are not world famous for their fast and regular software updates.....

The only right answer is the one that solves the problem !
abhishekgabani
Punch Card
Views: 146,145
Message 9 of 5,089

All of my family members can use Motorola mobiles and they have received some security updates as well as some bug fix..

I know that Motorola gives updates on regular basis.. but i want Android O for nice performance..

Moto G5 Plus already runs fine..

But after some days Motorola should gives updates..

Top Kudoed Authors