cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssharmaabhishek
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,161
Message 5091 of 5,102

Re: [OFFICIAL] Android 8(Oreo) Update CONFIRMED!

After the oreo update on my moto g5 plus it was working wonderful but in November when i got the October security patch the phone is behaving abnormally. The main problem is with the touch screen. Sometimes the screen does not respond and sometimes it hangs a lot while using. I thought that it might be a technical issue and tried to reset my phone (both hard and soft reset) but nothing changed and the problem still exists. I am sure that this is due to some software issues. I hope that the next security patch will resolve the issue and make the phone more stable.

Viraj8
Punch Card
Views: 2,095
Message 5092 of 5,102

Yeah! Same with me..!
And also the download manager is not working properly..
Shivanshu2297
Paper Tape
Views: 1,904
Message 5093 of 5,102

I haven't received any security patch yet, no Oreo update -_- , security patch of march .. Moto g5 user... Help asap 🤧

Software channel - amzin

AlecSp
Punch Card
Views: 1,116
Message 5094 of 5,102

1 Dec 2018 security update just landed for my RETGB Mogo G5 - happy to see support for these phones continue, and in reasonable time...

Screenshot_20190124-094922.pngScreenshot_20190124-094934.png

ssharmaabhishek
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,053
Message 5095 of 5,102

I was expecting to see the support for Airtel VoLTE after the Oreo update but the company didn't provide any such support. Even after the security patches of October and December the Airtel VoLTE is not supported in Motorola Moto G5 Plus. It is really disgusting!I am so frustrated with this company that neither will i buy it's products nor will suggest any one to buy Motorola products! At the time when  other companies are providing the Pie(9.0) update in their two years old phone(Mi A1) the Motorola company provides Oreo (8.1) update in their phones and that too wreck the performance of the phone! The screen of the phone sometimes responds abnormally, the Wi-Fi doesn't work, the addition of 4g+ mode doesn't allow the internet to be stable.

I am just saving my money to buy a new phone and will destroy my moto g5 plus. I am so much frustrated with this company and this phone!

MasterTito
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,015
Message 5096 of 5,102

I updated to Oreo 8.1 in my g5+, but my battery problem remains. My battery lasts for 12 to 14 hrs. max. I don't know which app is consuming my battery and there is no way I can detect the culprit apps running in background. Motorola never helps. They will charge RS.300/- for inspection but never gives guarantee that their actions / software reinstall will solve the problem. 

Bunny93
Punch Card
Views: 1,008
Message 5097 of 5,102

Turn off attentive display. It consume too much battery.

Violet95
What's DOS?
Views: 663
Message 5098 of 5,102

Now I see this has been solved. I can't say that for my Moto G5! I've replaced the phone by now, because security matters to me. Being on Android 7.0 still, November 2017 security patch.

Now someone gonna tell me an update is coming, but I won't hold my breath, nor buy a Lenovo or Moto phone ever again.

Lynise
Fanfold Paper
Views: 511
Message 5099 of 5,102

A few months ago, I installed the Oreo update. It fried my phone. After fighting with the company, I was able to get a $70 refurbished replacement. When looking through the forums, I noticed that several people had battery issues after the update. So naturally, I avoided it. Well, last night, it forced it through. Luckily my phone didn't fry this time, but I absolutely f-ing hate the update. I have always had the dark theme on my phone. The bright white (even when the screen is dimmed) is way too much. That is gone and no option to change it. I had to download a 3rd party app to be able to do soemthing the phone should be able to do. When I receive texts now, the phone vibrates. There is no option to shut it off. I thought updates were supposed to make the phone better, not take away basic features. WTH?

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 506
Message 5100 of 5,102

@Lynise wrote:

A few months ago, I installed the Oreo update. It fried my phone. After fighting with the company, I was able to get a $70 refurbished replacement. When looking through the forums, I noticed that several people had battery issues after the update. So naturally, I avoided it. Well, last night, it forced it through. Luckily my phone didn't fry this time, but I absolutely f-ing hate the update. I have always had the dark theme on my phone. The bright white (even when the screen is dimmed) is way too much. That is gone and no option to change it. I had to download a 3rd party app to be able to do soemthing the phone should be able to do. When I receive texts now, the phone vibrates. There is no option to shut it off. I thought updates were supposed to make the phone better, not take away basic features. WTH?

Changing your wallpaper to dark will change it to a dark quick settings view. (wallpaper need to be dark aswell)

Top Kudoed Authors