Message 12 of 21

Re: Oreo 8.1 ER082 Unable to make calls over Wi-Fi

thanks
Lassen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 197
Message 13 of 21

Re: G5+ Oreo 8.1 T-Mobile wifi calling

Of the 3 Moto G5+ phones I have with Oreo 8.1, I can get one to wok over wifi calling.  I did the same thing on the other 2 phones, except I did not factory reset those phones.  Those phones will drop wifi calling within 24 hours.  I don't know if doing a factory reset will make a difference but my familiy members dont want to do a factory reset to find out.  They will have to live with spotty cellular calls within the house.

Lastly, all the finger pointing between, Lenovo (MOT), Spectrum, TMobile and ASUS is a joke.  Ultimately the issue lies with Lenovo in my opinion.  Wifi calling was fine with Nouget and with Lenovo's OREO 8.1 it doesn't work.

GRGuy
What's DOS?
Views: 228
Message 14 of 21

I should have noted, Consumer Cellular resells both T-Mobile and AT&T GSM services. My CC SIM is the T-Mobile variant.  It appears others have the same issue with T-Mobile.  It would be interesting to see if only T-Mobile has the issue with this upgrade.

Lassen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 154
Message 15 of 21

After day 9, the one phone I had wifi calling working on with open router ports failed.  The only hope is for Lenovo to fix their Oreo 8.1.  This will also determine if I ever buy anything tagged Lenovo or Mot again.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 126
Message 16 of 21

Does powercycling the modem and router help as posted here?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Lassen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 120
Message 17 of 21

Power cycling the modem and router does not help. That's the first thing i tried. I just tried it again and it didn't work.

Lassen
Fanfold Paper
Views: 119
Message 18 of 21

BTW, most of the time i get a reg99 error but I have seen reg82 and others.

RShattler
HDMI
Views: 88
Message 19 of 21

I have the G5 Plus through Consumer Cellular.  Since the update I've had issues wth the wifinerror and periodic bluetBlue dropping. I sent Motorola Customer Service with no help. I,'m going to change carriers today, and get an Iphone 7 - goodbye Moto/Lenovo!

Pace32571
Paper Tape
Views: 81
Message 20 of 21

I still receive an error code occasionally, but I also randomally am informed that my wifi calling option is "cellular preferred", and will only use wifi (at home/work with wifi connected.) Occassionally, still "cellular preferred", (wifi connected) will use cellular only. Then randomally error code will not use wifi no matter what is available. I'm not sure if I'm missing calls/texts/emails,sms,etc., but I get notification chimes but no notifications when I check.

Has anyone successfully found a solution/ work around for this?

Stop emails titled "Solved:" when there is no solution given/provided/hinted at.

Top Kudoed Authors