Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 412
Message 21 of 26

Re: Oreo 8.1 update has corrupted my sd card

Samsung has a multi-year warranty on their cards. If the card is corrupt and under warranty, they will replace it. 

You can also try formatting in PC first with card reader and then use in phone. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Trav77
Blue Screen Again
Views: 410
Message 22 of 26

In reply to an earlier post my sd card was in the phone  mounted as internal storage when I did the update   Presumably doing an update causes a huge amount of wiring to the sd card?  Maybe if Motorola want to support internal sd card use then could the update process dismount the sd before doing the update? I also noticed that the sd card doesn't seem to get remounted after an update until a little while after the update has appeared to complete making it seem like the sd card isn't there.  Whilst I can accept the potential fragility of internally mounted sd card, it does look like the update process could help protect them and handle them better. 

AmeyD
Token Ring
Views: 376
Message 23 of 26

Doesn't work brother..

As stated earlier, the PC can only read data due to 'write protection'.

The only issue is that the card has data which can be read through PC, which I'm skeptical to hand over as it contains work related documents.

Smiley Sad

Moto G5 Plus
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 365
Message 24 of 26

@AmeyD wrote:

Doesn't work brother..

As stated earlier, the PC can only read data due to 'write protection'.

The only issue is that the card has data which can be read through PC, which I'm skeptical to hand over as it contains work related documents.

Smiley Sad

That is the downside to solid state storage - it usually fails to read only. The cells can be read but not reprogrammed or written too. 

It is possible that 3rd party software may work - i have used Partition apps to reformat things windows and linux could not:

https://www.easeus.com/partition-master/sd-card-mounted-as-read-only.html

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
AmeyD
Token Ring
Views: 334
Message 25 of 26

Have tried to remove write protection through DOS and diskpart, but unsuccessful..

Will attempt once more..

Moto G5 Plus
Twigsahearn
Paper Tape
Views: 316
Message 26 of 26

Agree, it's not good enough.
Top Kudoed Authors