Re: People I call cannot hear me

Clown,you clueless sandhip , couldn't find your own **bleep** in the dark
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 960
Message 42 of 54

@Dewipuss wrote:

Sandhip ,you full of rhetoric ,same canned response,you know what the problem is ,and by saying factory reset etc ,knowing full well most people can't be bothered with the massive edited to remove profanity ache won't do that ,and it makes NO difference whatsoever .Never buying a Motorola again ,customer service is non existent and full of paid by Motorola lying dull Muppets .Check the plastic is not on ,check it's not full of dust ,do diagnostic test s ,on months old phones ? edited to remove direct attack you have no self respect chucking up "solution's" that you know don't work .Take the money and run .How can Motorola issue a phone you can't use as a phone ? if there's one thing a phone needs to perform to be called a phone is to be able to make calls and hear the other person and vice versa ,it don't work ,issue a fix ,issue an apology ,issue a voucher system to pick up a new phone ,issue yourselves edited to remove direct attack.

If the phone can be fixed with a complete factory data reset, then it shouldn't be replaced because the user made some conflicting settings or installed apps that conflict with each other/were poorly programmed to begin with.

An FDR that automatically restores apps and settings is useless: it just reinstalls the issue.  Unfortunately, there's nothing Motorola can do about that.

Please stop making direct attacks against people.  

Once again, please see our Moto Owners' Forum Site Rules for more information.  Thank you.

Dewipuss
Blue Screen Again
Views: 957
Message 43 of 54

We are talking about a mic that does not work ,and Motorola knows this .Also Motorola knows a factory reset is useless for this exact issue .How's that for a direct attack ,you clowns
Dewipuss
Blue Screen Again
Views: 956
Message 44 of 54

Blaming users now for Motorola's microphone issues , unbelievable
Stu_Austin
Paper Tape
Views: 919
Message 45 of 54

Same issue on my brand new Moto G7.  Clearly a software problem.  On voice calls, people can either not hear me at all, or sometimes hear the first 4 or 5 words only.  I'm a first-time Moto owner with my new G7 purchased 6 days ago and I've been fighting this microphone issue ever since via calls to Customer Service and blog research.  Microphone sometimes works fine for speech-to-text messaging, and sometimes doesn't work at all.  Speakerphone calls work fine.  Powering on and off sometimes helps the microphone work for up to 10 seconds before it fails on voice calls.  Factory Reset does not help at all  (except of course it removes all of the data you so painstakingly migrated).  Immediately after Factory Reset with the ABSOLUTE MINIIMUM configuration and before attempting ANY other functionality, I attempted a voice call and experienced the identical issue.  So glad I found this thread proving I'm not crazy.  Without finding a true fix ANYWHERE, I will now HAPPILY pay a LOT more for a Samsung so I can have my normal life back. 

snev
Blue Screen Again
Views: 719
Message 46 of 54

I don't know about the recommended sequence but for me *very gently* cleaning the microphone port fixed it.   The volume had been very low and no one could understand what I was saying.  I sprayed a little bit of the cleaner (glass cleaner?) I got with my new glasses and very gently cleaned it with a paper clip (just rotated it a bit - don't push hard as the microphone is delicate).  Immediately the volume came back and it sounds great.

hydeNY
Serial Port
Views: 452
Message 47 of 54

Why is this marked solved? Half the suggestions in the "solved" post doesn't even apply to most people, and rest of them make no difference. Why would google's voice settings impact phone call outgoing voice?

Whenever I call my wife, the voice quality is horrible when she talks to me. This started happening after the most recent update, please tell us if there is a way to revert back to older version of Android, whatever you guys "fixed" in latest OS version broke simple operation, made the phone horribly slow, and sometimes unresponsive. We cannot access the data information to wipe the cache, and getting into recovery mode requires wizard moves.

• X220, Intel i5 2540M, 12.5 IPS, BT, FP • S405, AMD A6-4455M •T450S i5-5300U, 12 GB, IPS, BT
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 452
Message 48 of 54

Hi hydeNY,

Thanks for the post. Have you tested the microphone in the Moto Help app? - Moto Help > Diagnosis > Hardware Test > Microphone. Do as well for the receiver test. Let me know if the sound is clear. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

hydeNY
Serial Port
Views: 439
Message 49 of 54

Hi Rich,

I did that and there was no problem with the sound during playback. The issue sounds more like a problem only while we are in a call, as if there is a problem with background noise cancellation (if this phone has it) because while in a call it cuts it randomly. It's not like the other side can never hear you, but it's more like spotty. We did not make a lot of calls to test the phone today but we will be doing it tomorrow, I tried to clean the mic port like a member mentioned earlier.

However, phone working much slowly is another concern, that started happeneing after a recent update, I suppose we'll deal with that once we get to the bottom of the voice issue.

• X220, Intel i5 2540M, 12.5 IPS, BT, FP • S405, AMD A6-4455M •T450S i5-5300U, 12 GB, IPS, BT
gr4n0t4
What's DOS?
Views: 120
Message 50 of 54

Exact same problem that hydeNY has. For more than a year i have to make my calls with the speaker because people cannot hear me with the normal mode, clearly a software problem that you seem to be exported to new terminals

I'm using a Moto G5 Plus

Top Kudoed Authors