cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cab617
Blue Screen Again
Views: 316
Message 1 of 2

Phone dead, screen will not turn on, not detected when I plug into computer - Moto G5 Plus

I have my mom's Moto G5 Plus that just stopped working one day after what I suspect she let the battery die and drain to 0% completely after not charging it the night before.  She reports that it was beeping on the way to work in the car. I think is the beeping was low battery notification, which is why I think the battery went down to 0%.

Now the screen does not turn on when try the follwoing:

• I hold the power button for 15+ seconds
  • Hold power+vol up buttons for 15+ seconds
  • Hold power+vol down buttons for 15+ seconds
  • I plug it into a charger
  • It is not even detected when I plug it into my Windows PC. I even made sure I had the Motorola G drivers installed.

I have a kill-a-watt electrical plug monitor so I am pretty sure the battery is still taking charge because I am seeing current going into the phone.

The only sign of life I can get from the phone is that I notice there is a faint white LED the flashes once if I hold the power button for 15+ seconds while the phone is connected to some power source (USB port on computer, or charger).

Is there anything I can do the at least turn the phone on enough so I can recover the data on the phone? Note: I did not unlock the bootloader, install any custom ROM or firmware, just went through the OTA updates the phone received every couple of weeks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 47
Message 2 of 2

Re: Phone dead, screen will not turn on, not detected when I plug into computer - Moto G5 Plus

@cab617 wrote:

I have my mom's Moto G5 Plus that just stopped working one day after what I suspect she let the battery die and drain to 0% completely after not charging it the night before.  She reports that it was beeping on the way to work in the car. I think is the beeping was low battery notification, which is why I think the battery went down to 0%.

Now the screen does not turn on when try the follwoing:

• I hold the power button for 15+ seconds
  • Hold power+vol up buttons for 15+ seconds
  • Hold power+vol down buttons for 15+ seconds
  • I plug it into a charger
  • It is not even detected when I plug it into my Windows PC. I even made sure I had the Motorola G drivers installed.

I have a kill-a-watt electrical plug monitor so I am pretty sure the battery is still taking charge because I am seeing current going into the phone.

The only sign of life I can get from the phone is that I notice there is a faint white LED the flashes once if I hold the power button for 15+ seconds while the phone is connected to some power source (USB port on computer, or charger).

Is there anything I can do the at least turn the phone on enough so I can recover the data on the phone? Note: I did not unlock the bootloader, install any custom ROM or firmware, just went through the OTA updates the phone received every couple of weeks.

Hi cab617,

Sorry to know about this. I would suggest you charge your device overnight and perform the same troubleshooting steps that you have tried already. Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors