Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-10-2017

United States of America

4 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 21 of 24

Re: Poor FM radio reception?

2017-10-10, 18:27 PM
Also my WiFi turned off to make sure that the radio was broadcast and not through WiFi.
Options

2 Posts

11-29-2017

United States of America

7 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 22 of 24

2017-11-29, 4:11 AM

Has any progress been made on this particular issue?

I just received my Moto G5 Plus smartphone this evening.  First thing I tried was the radio, and noticed immedietly this really annoying static in the background on most stations.  Tried different headphones, same exact issue, no difference.  Then I started googling, and found this thread.

After seeing the thread here, I can confirm the really annoying static in the background seems to stop when the screen is in an off state.  Around 2-4 seconds after the screen is off, the static goes away.  I am not using the fingerprint sensor yet, I disabled that on setup.

So no solutions from anyone yet?  I use my radio all of the time, so I am really hoping there is a solution.

Options

2 Posts

11-29-2017

United States of America

7 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 23 of 24

2017-11-29, 14:58 PM

So I called Motorola support this morning and was told this is a known issue and will be addressed with the next Android OS update.

Can anyone from Motorola confirm here?

I also confirmed with the Fingerprint sensor on, it is even worse.

I don't mind waiting for the next update, if the issue truly will be fixed.  To be honest I am really sureprised this was missed in QC when testing this for production.

Thanks

Options

2 Posts

11-25-2017

India

4 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 24 of 24

Re: Poor FM radio reception

2017-12-01, 13:05 PM

The FM radio is stuck at mono audio output even though it displays stereo when the dot in the FM interface is clicked. The RDS seems to be turned off internally which is why even at places where the signal strength is very strong and where my 4year old Moto G 1st gen can easily get RDS with the same application interface, this new phone seems to struggle to even provide a quality stereo audio. Basically the FM output is very very bad. My guess is either the RDS is turned off or the antenna reception is very very poor. Without RDS, the sound quality is just very bad.

Even the Dolby atmos that they have provided is less powerful than the one they provided in Lenovo K6 power.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms