Do you mean 
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Message 1 of 27 (9,067 Views)

Premium For All: Meet the new Moto G⁵ and Moto G⁵ Plus

Token Ring
Message 2 of 27 (8,873 Views)

Re: Premium For All: Meet the new Moto G⁵ and Moto G⁵ Plus

Can't wait to get my hands on the G5+...

MotorolaTom wrote:

Meet the new Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus

Moto_Global_Mobile_Family_819x517_01.jpg

http://blog.moto.com/2017/02/26/premium-meet-new-moto-g%E2%81%B5-moto-g%E2%81%B5-plus/

Punch Card
Message 3 of 27 (8,661 Views)

O moto g5 plus será tela ips ou amoled? No site de motorola Espanha diz tela amoled nas especificações, mas na mão sobre o MWC falar na tela ips

Punch Card
Message 4 of 27 (8,660 Views)

The moto g5 plus will be screen ips or amoled? On the website of motorola Spain says screen amoled in specs, but on the hand on the MWC speak on screen ips

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 27 (8,549 Views)

I am here in search of my *next* phone.  I am a happy iphone user.  But now that all the carriers have dropped contract pricing, I doubt I will be buying any more iphones.   I refuse to pay that much for a phone.  I am ok with paying around $200 for a decent phone, just not $600-800... even in monthly installments.   So that leads me to Motorola.  It seems like the Moto G line is a good deal for your dollar.   Can anyone who has switched from iphone tell me if they have been happy with the switch?   A few years ago, I switched from an iphone to a Samsung Galaxy S4 and couldn't wait to get back to iPhone.  Will I feel that way again?

(I wanted to start my own thread but couldnt figure out how)

Punch Card
Message 6 of 27 (8,519 Views)

Vle045 wrote:

I am here in search of my *next* phone.  I am a happy iphone user.  But now that all the carriers have dropped contract pricing, I doubt I will be buying any more iphones.   I refuse to pay that much for a phone.  I am ok with paying around $200 for a decent phone, just not $600-800... even in monthly installments.   So that leads me to Motorola.  It seems like the Moto G line is a good deal for your dollar.   Can anyone who has switched from iphone tell me if they have been happy with the switch?   A few years ago, I switched from an iphone to a Samsung Galaxy S4 and couldn't wait to get back to iPhone.  Will I feel that way again?

(I wanted to start my own thread but couldnt figure out how)

If you are a long time iPhone user it could be a difficult move. But if you want to try you better choose something else than Lenovo/Motorola.

You could try Huawei/Honor line, especially Honor 8, which is a very nice phone and it's UI has an iPhone feel.

I don't know if they are present in US but Asus Zenfone 3 is also a better option. 

Or you could go for some of the last years phones like Samsung S6 or the Nexus line (6P it's still a great phone). 

Blue Screen Again
Message 7 of 27 (8,331 Views)

Iam Waiting for the launch event in March, Its happening on march 15th, 2017. I Love the specs teasted in artiles 

Paper Tape
Message 8 of 27 (8,145 Views)

Dear Lenovo-Moto,
I'll try and make this short, sweet but firm. This is an open letter from an Android user of 6 years and a Moto user for 3 years. You guys need to seriously sit down with your users & customers. As much as we appreciate your initiatives and strides in improving the Moto G lineup from last year you need to re-prioritise and ask yourselves to which market the new Moto G5 family is for. Based on the specs provided on your official website (and the video reviews I have seen) my criticisms are:
1. USB port SHOULD have been Type-C with Quick Charge and latest USB version 3.x
2. Front-facing selfie cam SHOULD have been 8MP the very least. Beauty mode is a gimmick. Improve the hardware, lens & sensors instead for true great-looking selfies
3. Android software SHOULD have been Nougat 7.1.1 the very least.
4. WHY still no magnetometer? Some apps require this feature and will help navigation and geo-location apps such as Maps be faster, more accurate & more efficient.
5. Included fast charger in the box.
6. Advanced nano coating might not be sufficient with those odd water spills, an accidental dunking in the sink or light rain. Open ports such as the mic, headphone jack, USB & speakers are the usual suspects for water to enter. A basic IP-rating SHOULD be a standard.
7. Blue light filter included in the UX for easy reading at night.
8. Magnifier functionality using triple press on the Home or Volume button.
We could understand that for so-called "cost-saving" these features were not included but we are in the year 2017 NOT 2015. All of these features have been available in some Android phones (and the iPhone) for 2 years now. These features should be made "standard" and basic in a 2017 phone. So PLEASE next time listen to us. I strongly believe these are great suggestions which MUST & SHOULD be considered in making a great & (and still remain an affordable) phone. For a Moto G6 Plus 5.2" phone WITH all these features I am prepared to pay £250-£300 for them. Cheers!

Paper Tape
Message 9 of 27 (8,084 Views)

[ Edited ]

@angel76ph

Waterproofing, better camera, more sensors, ... would make this a more expensive phone. What would you have them remove from the device to compensate?

One of the reasons I want to buy the G5+ (when it's available here) is that it has near stock android. Plenty of brands out there that add all kinds of features to android. Some people like all those extras, some don't. I have a phone like that at the moment. The first thing I did after purchase was disable most of the extra features because they drain the battery. The device only got one android update, with a version of android who was already out at the moment of purchase. I prefer the google apps to the ones that came with the device, you can install stock apps, but you can't remove the non-stock ones. A few weeks ago the internal memory is full. The app "google play newsstand" was using 500 Mb. I had never used that app. I managed to reduce the apps size by clearing the updates/cache. But can't disable or uninstall that app. If I press 'update all' in the play store, it will increase in size again, so I have to update other apps manually. Google apps turned into bloatware, that I did not see coming. End of rant. Please, Lenovo, stick with nearly stock android for your moto devices. Extra apps are cool, but do not alter much.

Paper Tape
Message 10 of 27 (8,054 Views)

Stock Android on the Moto phones? That is nothing new my friend. And have you actually read my thread? I did say I commended Lenovo-Moto for the initiatives on the improved/updated hardware & software from last year. You are right in saying some people would like to have the features I mentioned and some wouldn't . But as I mentioned before I have been using Android for 6 years (I wonder how long have you had them and what was your first Android phone eh...?) and I know what I am talking about. I feel strongly on added features especially "standard" features for a phone in the year of 2017. And again as i have mentioned I am willing to pay anything between £250-£300 for those features I have given addded on to the next Moto G phone. And do me a favour....please read my message again mate. 

Top Kudoed Authors