Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tam8
What's DOS?
Views: 1,800
Message 21 of 46

Re: Premium For All: Meet the new Moto G⁵ and Moto G⁵ Plus

Absolute waste of money phone.

Bought MOTO G5 plus on 27th April 2017 and after  15 days of use Display is gone blank, if I touch the display there is vibration but display is complely blank.. 

Such a non sense defective release from MOTO. Never expected such a pathetic quality from MOTO.

Issue faced in just 10 days of use : 

1. Display gone blank phone is in service centre and they are not replacing with new one.

2. After getting the call display goes blank never come up

3. Camera image quality is pathetic

4. From day1 while charging Phone heats up very high

5. Rear camera is very outside prone to easy breakage... 

Sureshkumar4
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,765
Message 22 of 46

I have motoG5 plus. I am not able to connect it directly to my Panasonic lcd.  Even the cast settings of Android is absent in motog5plus. It is better in Lenovo a7000 without any WiFi interconnection.

goofygrape
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 1,759
Message 23 of 46

@madhatter57 wrote:

I received my Moto 5g today. It needs 2 sim cards, but it didn't come with any and I don't see any on the site. Why would Motorola do this? Where do I get the blasted sim cards? Why make it a multi-step thing with no warning I can't use the phone when it arrives?

That is because a sim card is provided by a celluar provider (ATT or Verizon for example) not by ANY phone manufacturer. You have to have a plan with a provider before you can use your phone.

RainMaker007
SCSI Port
Views: 1,550
Message 24 of 46

Just got mine two days ago, the regular G5 in fine gold color...

Beautiful phone and very snappy as well.

I am... well.. Just me!
DanNYer
Paper Tape
Views: 1,496
Message 25 of 46

Looks like this model and support has been discontinued, thus no response from Lenovo on all the sound and security issues posted here in the forums. If you search, you will find the replacement models Moto G5s and Moto G5s Plus coing out next month. These will have all the fixes and security updates, along with Android 7.1.1.

RainMaker007
SCSI Port
Views: 1,486
Message 26 of 46

Wow, why are they replacing it so soon?

It would be a shame to see these fantastic phones die just 3 months after being launched...

Well, Moto needs to make money right... Time to get used to it...

I am... well.. Just me!
RainMaker007
SCSI Port
Views: 1,490
Message 27 of 46

Mine does not have any issues whatsoever, it's the most perfect Moto G since 2013...

I am... well.. Just me!
Chetansah67
Paper Tape
Views: 1,216
Message 28 of 46

Sir i am using motog5plus and i am having notification issue sir sound is not coming when notification comes sound is not coming same problem with calls when call comes no sound is coming it starts vibrate plzz help sir because of these i miss important calls all sounds gets off suddenly plzz help sir

jon6er
Paper Tape
Views: 1,207
Message 29 of 46

Got my G5 Plus in May 2017 and so far no problems. Paid $200 US open box at the time. I was going to add another sim card for a second line since its a dual sim card phone but fortunately I was dealing with an honest young man at the carrier store who told me it doesn't work so well here in the states because of the system. Other than that I love the phone and an unlocked phone at the price I paid is a great deal. Having no 2 year contract is great. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself because it has worked great so far!

ZERO18
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,186
Message 30 of 46

I've only had mine for 19 days though I too haven't had any noticeable issues, there's areas I wish that were different or better but my phone seems to be hardware defect free, haven't even run into the issues that's generated a large topic on Verizon call quality.

But man, that update support... I had done a bit more research and saw how badly Motorola is lagging behind I might've just held off a couple months and spent a lot more on a Pixel 2, I still might. I guess "Premium for all" doesn't apply when it comes to software/OS updates and support.

Top Kudoed Authors