Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdrobinsonsr
Paper Tape
Views: 206
Message 1 of 5

Problem with Mobile data on G5 plus

Recently my G5 plus has been showing the LTE status with the no mobile data "x" symbol. This of course is causing issues with mobile data.  I've turned the mobile on/off several times with no success at gettign it to restart. I've reset the network, bluetooth, and Wireless settings with no change in the status.  I've even tried to do mobile data in safe mode with no luck.  I've not loaded any new software nor made any other changes to the phone's settings.  Geting tired of searchs timing out without having wifi turned on.  What the heck is going on, I'm ready to pitch the phone in the toilet.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 200
Message 2 of 5

Re: Problem with Mobile data on G5 plus

Hi tdrobinsonsr,

Firstly, sorry about the ongoing trouble you have been facing in regard to the Mobile data. Appreciate your effort in resolving this. Just to narrow down, may I know from when are you noticing this? Could you post a screenshot of the Network showing what you see? 

• What happens when you enable? Does it still shows 'X'? Are you able to make calls at least?
  • What carrier you are on?
  • Have you tried with other SIM card to see if that makes any difference?

Finally, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the trouble? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. To do Locate settings > Systems > Motorola Privacy > Enable.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

tdrobinsonsr
Paper Tape
Views: 188
Message 3 of 5

I've noticed this for the past 36 hours.  When the Wifi is turned off there is no mobile data.  I've checked with the carrier and they were basically useless after verifying there there is service.  I placed the phone in safe mode to see if there were any issues, and got the same problem.  Without wifi I get no data.  Screenshot_Issue05082019.png

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 166
Message 4 of 5

Can you find your Carrier's APN/Network settings on their site and manually make a new APN setting and make sure it's saved(often an overlooked action when manually setting up).Then restart the phone.

Also try taking the Sim card out and gently cleaning the contacts with some soft tissue and securely re-insert.

Also Sim-Cards can fail both Partially and full Smiley Sad

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 161
Message 5 of 5

@tdrobinsonsr wrote:

I've noticed this for the past 36 hours.  When the Wifi is turned off there is no mobile data.  I've checked with the carrier and they were basically useless after verifying there there is service.  I placed the phone in safe mode to see if there were any issues, and got the same problem.  Without wifi I get no data.  Screenshot_Issue05082019.png

Hi tdrobinsonsr,

Great thanks, this is strange. Your respected carrier should certainly assist you on this.

However, can we quickly try resetting APN settings on your device, you can take help from your respected carrier on how to reset APN settings to default?

Further, you can also try testing with a new SIM card, to see if that makes any difference? Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors