Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valeria921
Paper Tape
Views: 264
Message 1 of 2

Problems with my SD card

Yesterday I bought a MIcro SD card for my MOtorola moto g5 ( 128GB Kingston Canvas Select Micro SD Memory Card 80MB/s UHS-1). I had read the instructions on this  website ( https://support.motorola.com/uk/en/solution/ms116806) and I decided to use my SD card as internal storage. I was asked whether I wanted to migrate data currently on my device to the card and I did it because I had no space on the internal memory! Now, according to that website I should have been able to download apps straight onto my SD cards but that was not the case. So I thought I could move some apps to the SD card just to free up some space. The device says that there is no space on my SD card to do that! But on the storage info it says that 15GB out of 16 are used in the internal shared storage and 7GB out of 128 are used in the SD card. How come I cannot download new apps or I cannpt transfer them? 

Also, this morning I found all the chats on whatsappwith just numbers, but i still have all my contacts. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 96
Message 2 of 2

Re: Problems with my SD card

Hi Valeria921,

Thanks for reaching out and for the detailed info. This is interesting, allow us to check this. Is this a regular Moto G5 that you have? Can you send us a screenshot of your Storage page for us to have a better look into this?

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors