Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vipin90
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,539
Message 1 of 8

Random full screen pop up ads post Android oreo update in moto g5 plus

After updating my moto g5 plus to Android oreo, random pop up ads started to come. this is very irritating. No sush issue was there in the previous Android version (Nougat).

After browsing the net for solutions, tried all of them but still the issue persists.

Solutions tried:

1. Switch off personalized ad in settings
  2. When the ads come click app overview button to track which app triggered the ad.

Since i started facing the issue post oreo update, probably the update is the culprit.

Motorola should push an OTA update to fix this.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,360
Message 2 of 8

Re: Random full screen pop up ads post Android oreo update in moto g5 plus

Hi Vipin90,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I believe that there is nothing related to Oreo update due to which you are getting ads. However, request you to check these below checkpoints & let us know.

1. The screenshot you provided is not a traditional spam "ad" but its a third party add.  It is an app offer from Google. Check your Google Play Store app Settings (Play Store > Settings > Notifications) and see if the Deals and Promotions option is checked. That may be why Google is providing you with app offers.

2. Go to browser>> Tap on 3 vertical dots>> Settings>> Privacy>> Clear browsing data.

3. Go to browser>> Tap on 3 vertical dots>> Settings>> Notifications> Slide of the unwanted site ads.

4. Go to browser>> Tap on 3 vertical dots>> Settings>>Site settings>>Ads>>Ads>>Slide off.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Vipin90
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,204
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for the reply, but even after trying out the ayeps mentioned i am still facing the same issue. Now the ads have started poping up a lot of time when i am unlocking my phone.

Please help as these ads have started being really intrusive to the point that i might have to ditch this brand and move to somewhere else.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,168
Message 4 of 8

Please test to see if this will persist while the phone is in safe mode. We'd like to make sure that these ads are not related to third-party apps. To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

saikoushik
What's DOS?
Views: 7,340
Message 5 of 8

after trying all the ways to stop pop ups...still i am getting pop ups mostly form "UBER" 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,934
Message 6 of 8

@saikoushik wrote:

after trying all the ways to stop pop ups...still i am getting pop ups mostly form "UBER" 

It appears that these pop up ads are originating from third-party apps. We really don't have a way of controlling how third-party apps work so it would be best to reach out to the developers of the apps where the ads originate for assistance.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

JamesChang88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,788
Message 7 of 8

Still no idea which app is causing the problem?

Apple72
Paper Tape
Views: 2,802
Message 8 of 8

Call Motorola 0333 999 7550
Top Kudoed Authors