cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,399
Message 11 of 56

Re: Red corners on 1080p 60fps recorded videos?

@rayzen6 wrote:

Those who are in charge here plz let us know what is this issue? 

Should we go for a replacement? Or it's some kind of software glitch?

Is this camera can't handle 60 fps?

We are waiting here for ur valuable replies.

We'll need to look into this before we can respond. I would not replace or repair until we have a better idea about it. 

I personally think that dhkdc is right and it's related to the laser focus. But we'll see.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
rayzen6
Punch Card
Views: 1,386
Message 12 of 56

I don't able to understand what ur talking about. Moto G5 Plus doesn't have laser auto focus.

For your information it's only noticeable instantly if you are using 1080p 60 Fps video recording. Not in any other resolutions nor in camera clicks.

Just with 1080p 60 fps video.

I don't know if any of you guys have this phone but believe me we have group of 30 people with same device and all of them having this.

Plz do let your software developer team know about this. And gave us their output to us as quickly as possible. 

But I'm believing it's a software glitch.

We hope you'll reply positively soon.

Dhkdc
Punch Card
Views: 1,378
Message 13 of 56

As you say, the moto G5 Plus doesn't have laser focus. But it do have 2 infrared led, one each side of the camera and the're used for moto display, to know when the phis is in the pocket or on a table. I'm guessing that this is happing due to the next:

Usually, LEDs work on 50-60 Hz ratio. Infrared LEDs produces a light that is invisible for human vision, but not for cameras. When you're recording in 30 fps, those frames are slower that the flickering of the infrared LEDs so it is not noticeable on the video or video preview. But if you record at 60 fps, those fps are being recorded faster or at the same speed that the flickering of the LEDs, so we see that constant "infrared" tinting on the corners.

rayzen6
Punch Card
Views: 1,374
Message 14 of 56

Ok I understand you. So you are saying the structure of this device somewhat affecting this?

Or it can also be happen if something is wrong software wise?

Dhkdc
Punch Card
Views: 1,371
Message 15 of 56

If it is what I am saying, it is as easy as desactivate rear proximity sensors (or whateverer they are) when you're recording (It should be only working when the display is off).

It is not those infrared LEDs, it could be worst... maybe a hardware/design issue.

rayzen6
Punch Card
Views: 1,368
Message 16 of 56

Hmm....

Let's now wait for the Moto team to see what they'll get for us.

I'm little disappointed though. Actually I don't mind this thing bcz I'm not much using camera. But people were believing that G5 Plus camera will be awesome. Indeed it is but this type of thing can make a big impact on the brand. I mean this series the "G" series.

I hope Moto will came with a proper solution very soon. Smiley Happy
Dhkdc
Punch Card
Views: 1,365
Message 17 of 56

As for me, I love recording videos! but i don't have any kind of 4K display so 4K for me is useless. 1080p30 cut a little of the video to make the Image Stabilization, and I rather to make the IS on youtube. But 60 fps videos looks amazing on all my displays (phone, tv, laptop) and I would love to record all of my videos using it. The look so realistic. But if I'll have that Ugly red tinting... i cannot.

kaustubhlipare
Paper Tape
Views: 1,314
Message 18 of 56

This problem is happening only when we record video at 1080p 60 fps and in low light or dark conditions only. In bright daylight the issue is not there. Below is the link for sample recording...I am using Indian 4GB variant XT1686.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9m51gLYtjm6a3R6enpXTkF1QW8/view

rayzen6
Punch Card
Views: 1,297
Message 19 of 56

So any response from ur software developers team and/or technical team?

It's been two-three days now. Plz tell us what's culprit in this?

We are waiting for your reply.

Thanks.
rayzen6
Punch Card
Views: 1,270
Message 20 of 56

So....When we will have our answer? 

Top Kudoed Authors