Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mav-Eric
Paper Tape
Views: 430
Message 1 of 5

Restore deleted files without root?

I accidentially deleted some media files. I have tried several android file recovery products for windows. 

The ones which actually connect to the phone via USB want to root my phone before they can scan for deleted files. 

Is there any reliable software for windows free or paid that can recover deleted files from a G5 Plus without rooting?

If not which software is the safest to use for rooting a G5 Plus?

Moto_Venice
Bit Torrent
Views: 345
Message 2 of 5

Re: Restore deleted files without root?

Hi FOTIS2, 

Do you have a file manager on your device? If you don't have, try downloading one and see if the files are stil cannot be seen. Also, is the SD card formatted as portable or interal storage? Please let us know. 

Regards, 

Venice

Mav-Eric
Paper Tape
Views: 339
Message 3 of 5

I have the stock Motorola file manager as well as others.

I can see all files with the phone, and via USB from windows. I cannot however see deleted files.

I do not have an SD card, no need as the phone is the 64GB model.

(In your message you address a user FOTIS2, so I am uncertain if your message was meant for me.)

Moto_Venice
Bit Torrent
Views: 330
Message 4 of 5

Hi Mac-Eric, 

Thanks for reaching us. Unfortunately, we don't have a way to retreive deleted files unless you back them up on Google or other third-party clouds. 

Regards, 

Venice 

Hillll
Paper Tape
Views: 113
Message 5 of 5

@Mav-Eric wrote:

I accidentially deleted some media files. I have tried several android file recovery products for windows. 

The ones which actually connect to the phone via USB want to root my phone before they can scan for deleted files. 

Is there any reliable software for windows free or paid that can recover deleted files from a G5 Plus without rooting?

If not which software is the safest to use for rooting a G5 Plus?

As far as I know, many recovery software does not require root. For example, FoneCope Android Data Recovery.

Top Kudoed Authors