cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmann202
Serial Port
Views: 341
Message 1 of 3

Ringer Volume Suddenly Much Lower On Same Volume Setting, Not Vibing for Texts - Missing Calls/Texts

Hi. Suddenly the ringer and text alert volumes are much lower than they were before on my G5+ (throughout the ringer volume setting range, to where you can hardly hear it at all in a quiet room at less than half volume setting), and it is not vibrating for texts even though vibration setting is turned on on the phone and in the text app (standard Messages text app that came with the phone). It does vibrate for calls. 

The volumes are lower when getting texts/calls than the test tones when changing the ringtones, when they should be the same. 

Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this or how to fix it? 

The only thing I've done lately is remove some apps from having camera permission. I (hope I) finally solved the very annoying issue of the camera constantly crashing on starting it and now this happens!! 

Edit: A Few mins after I posted above I tried calling the phone numerous times and now it usually starts lower then goes to the right volume, but one time it only rang once and then not again, and the text alert is still always way too low and not vibrating. 

(G5+ on Nougat (7.0), tried rebooting and clearing the internal storage cache, use Powerful Control widget on main screen to toggle vibration, wifi, bluetooth etc.. )

Any help appreciated!!

EricJRW
Fanfold Paper
Views: 194
Message 2 of 3

Re: Ringer Volume Suddenly Much Lower On Same Volume Setting, Not Vibing for Texts - Missing Calls/T

I had a similar problem, and it turned out to be a Google Calendar setting that was putting my phone into DND (Do Not Disturb) mode whenever I had something in my calendar. Cool feature, but confused the heck out of me.

Moto G5 Plus running Android 8.1 (Oreo).
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 87
Message 3 of 3

Re: Ringer Volume Suddenly Much Lower On Same Volume Setting, Not Vibing for Texts - Missing Calls/T

Hi tmann202,

That's odd. Have you checked if this will happen in safemode? 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors