Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Turbo420
What's DOS?
Views: 495
Message 1 of 5

Rollback Security Update !!

Hi I just updated my security patch (Feb 1, 2019) yesterday that my phone (moto g5s plus) had been harassing me on and since then my Phone will NOT rotate when turned and the gesture for turning on the light no longer is an option!  How do I rollback this horrible security update??  But yes in safe mode both work!!!

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 485
Message 2 of 5

Re: Rollback Security Update !!

@Turbo420 wrote:

Hi I just updated my security patch (Feb 1, 2019) yesterday that my phone (moto g5s plus) had been harassing me on and since then my Phone will NOT rotate when turned and the gesture for turning on the light no longer is an option!  How do I rollback this horrible security update??  But yes in safe mode both work!!!

It's not normally possible to restore previous Android versions on Lenovo/Motorola phone.Try wiping the Cache partition as per this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ax2DdQZVBQ&t=3s

If you can't or no good back up all your stuff and do a Factory Reset.This will install the updated operating system clean.

HTH Smiley Happy

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 181
Message 3 of 5

Hi Turbo420,

After the security update is installed there is no way to rollback the update. I also want to confirm, when you put the phone on safe mode, the two functions that you mentioned will work?  If yes, this might be caused by a 3rd party application. You can remove those applications one by one until it works back again. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

DtAdmnstrtr
What's DOS?
Views: 131
Message 4 of 5

I too installed the February 1, 2019 Security patch.  Now I cannot send or receive Messages on my Moto G5 Plus.  I cleared the cache partition as directed by Porphyrius.  Still not receiving messages.

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 129
Message 5 of 5

Try resetting the Network settings.Sometimes they can damaged after updates,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dpFc6Eh35Y&t=9s

Then restart the phone.If no good try disabling and re-enabling the Messaging app.

Top Kudoed Authors