Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

Re: SD Card Corruption

2017-04-12, 16:06 PM

I never saw this notification, even in the case when my card was not corrupt after reboot. Is ur card also 64gb?

wrote:

wrote:

Although I m no expert about how android works internally, yet I hv been a rooted user in my previous phone. One thing I observed is when I switch off my Moto G5+, it doesn't unmount the card before switching off completely which may be an issue that some app was accessing the card and phone get turned off, and this made the card corrupt on next bootup.

In my previous Sony phone Xperia Z2, i clearly seen that whenever I switch off the phone, the phone use to take time and i always saw that notification that card has been unmounted and then the screen get off for Complete switch off.

May be u could do the same process to protect the card of users from getting corrupted on restarts.

As a workaround, i m nowadays unmount the SD before switching off the phone and after turning on the card is already mounted with 0 issues.

That's very strange. I just put an SD Card into my G5 Plus and when powering off mine, I see the notification in the status bar of the card being unmounted. See attached:

-Tom

Options

3385 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3068 Signins

62371 Page Views

• Views: 62371
  • Message 12 of 63

2017-04-12, 16:56 PM

No that was an 8GB. I don't have any other cards on hand right now to test with. Let me see if I can have an engineer test. What is the make/model of your 64GB SD Card?

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2017-04-12, 18:41 PM

wrote:

No that was an 8GB. I don't have any other cards on hand right now to test with. Let me see if I can have an engineer test. What is the make/model of your 64GB SD Card?

-Tom

Well, my card is made my Strontium and it is Nitro card 566x is written on it and its almost 2 years old.

Options

3385 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3068 Signins

62371 Page Views

• Message 14 of 63

2017-04-14, 14:49 PM

wrote:

wrote:

-Tom

Well, my card is made my Strontium and it is Nitro card 566x is written on it and its almost 2 years old.

Thanks for providing the make/model of the card. Let me get this over to some engineers to see if they can test. I may need to get some additional information from you. I'll let you know.

-Tom

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7 Posts

04-16-2017

DE

37 Signins

181 Page Views

• Views: 181
  • Message 15 of 63

2017-04-16, 14:30 PM

I bought my Moto G 5 Plus 3 or 4 days ago. Have a Sandisk 32GB (Class 10) MicroSD formatted as Internal Memory. I restarted the phone several times and everything was fine. Everything was fine till one afternoon I wanted to take a picture, but the motorola photo app was crashing every time I wanted to take a picture. So I restarted the phone in the hope that it would work after, and when the system booted again the MicroSD card was corrupt (Restarting again didn't help). The MicroSD was basically new, never used, only inserted once in an other phone, but not even used once to store anything. I really hope this is a software problem and not a hardware problem, and that they will fix it..

Options

1325 Posts

01-16-2017

PH

278 Signins

37025 Page Views

• Views: 37025
  • Message 16 of 63

2017-05-02, 16:47 PM

wrote:

wrote:

-Tom

Hi gitzz,

We've tested and are unable to reproduce. It appears that the SD Card is corrupted. We recommend replacing the SD Card.

-Anne

Options

2017-05-02, 18:09 PM

Well, I tried another Samsung 64gb card and it has the same issue in my phone and my strontium card worked perfectly in other persons phone ie Xiaomi Redmi note 3, so I guess there is nothing about the card, I m sure. And there are many persons having the issue, there are also threads on xda

SD card corrupt issue
https://forum.xda-developers.com/g5-plus/help/sd-card-corrupt-issue-t3583012

Corrupted SD Card. Tap to fix. [LOOP]
https://forum.xda-developers.com/g5-plus/help/corrupted-sd-card-tap-to-fix-loop-t3587680

U can have a look on these. Also few people on our telegram group have the same, I will try to ask them to post their issue in here as well. 

There is some malfunctioning while ejecting the card at switching off time, sometime it ejects, sometimes it doesn't. So, as a workaround, I manually eject my card before switch off.

Options

1325 Posts

01-16-2017

PH

278 Signins

37025 Page Views

• Views: 37025
  • Message 18 of 63

2017-05-19, 16:23 PM

wrote:

Well, I tried another Samsung 64gb card and it has the same issue in my phone and my strontium card worked perfectly in other persons phone ie Xiaomi Redmi note 3, so I guess there is nothing about the card, I m sure. And there are many persons having the issue, there are also threads on xda

SD card corrupt issue
https://forum.xda-developers.com/g5-plus/help/sd-card-corrupt-issue-t3583012

Corrupted SD Card. Tap to fix. [LOOP]
https://forum.xda-developers.com/g5-plus/help/corrupted-sd-card-tap-to-fix-loop-t3587680

U can have a look on these. Also few people on our telegram group have the same, I will try to ask them to post their issue in here as well. 

There is some malfunctioning while ejecting the card at switching off time, sometime it ejects, sometimes it doesn't. So, as a workaround, I manually eject my card before switch off.

Hi gitzz,

We have continued to test with multiple SD Cards and so far we've been unable to reproduce. Please generate a Bug Report when the phone boots up and says the card is corrupt. Maybe this will help us find a root cause. 

Below are the steps for getting the bug report. This will
 collect information about your current device state.

Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number seven times on the build number to enable a new Settings item, Developer options.
2. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
3. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
4. Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
5. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
6. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
7. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Thanks

-Anne

Options

2 Posts

05-19-2017

US

2 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 19 of 63

2017-05-19, 22:17 PM

I also had the same problem. I bought my Moto G5 Plus 64GB model a week ago and today I tried to insert my Kingston 16GB HC Class 10 Micro SD card. When I insert the card I get a notification that the card is corrupted. I then try to fix it and format it to use as internal or external storage. During formating, it crashes and I get the following error message.

I already tried to format the card in my Mac using the FAT32 file format but the error persisted.

Can anyone help me?

Options

3385 Posts

02-11-2016

US

3068 Signins

62371 Page Views

• Message 20 of 63

2017-05-31, 14:30 PM

wrote:

I also had the same problem. I bought my Moto G5 Plus 64GB model a week ago and today I tried to insert my Kingston 16GB HC Class 10 Micro SD card. When I insert the card I get a notification that the card is corrupted. I then try to fix it and format it to use as internal or external storage. During formating, it crashes and I get the following error message.

I already tried to format the card in my Mac using the FAT32 file format but the error persisted.

Can anyone help me?

If both the phone and the PC is unable to format the card then it's definitely corrupted and will need to be replaced.

-Tom

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete