Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-22-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 4

SD card data download to phone?

2018-03-22, 16:06 PM

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this (this is my first smartphone ,had a flip phone for many years)

Could someone please tell me how to download data from an SD card directly to my phones memory?

Also, I have an old mp3  player with a bunch of music on it I would like to transfer to my new G5 Plus

can I do that just with the proper cable?Is it possible to transfer data from my chromebook to my phone

via bluetooth?

THANK YOU!

Tommy

Options

684 Posts

01-30-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2061 Signins

13612 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 13612
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: SD card data download to phone?

2018-03-22, 17:58 PM

Hi Tommy ,  I would recommend that you put your mp3 and photos onto a micro sd card and insert it into the phone, keep it as external memory and set the camera to save to the sd card, this would keep the phone memory for apps.   Future files can be transferred to the sd card by drag and drop or copy and paste.   Not sure about chrome book transfer as I only use windows 10 pc.

Kodak 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Options

5418 Posts

07-12-2014

United States of America

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-03-27, 18:51 PM

Hi TurboTommy,

Thanks for reaching out. Using a device for the first time could be a little tricky. We are always ready to help here. The suggestions posted by Kodak are worth trying. This link can help in transferring files to and from your SD card: https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/cell-phones/android-series/moto-g-plus-5th-gen/tutorials#/device/motorola/moto-g5-plus/topic/data/transfer-data-from-phone-to-sd-card/1

For Chromebook file transfers, I would try the steps listed here: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromebook-central/v13SYeVmK3E

Regards,

JM

Moto Support

Options

684 Posts

01-30-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2061 Signins

13612 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 13612
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-03-27, 19:59 PM

One other option for transferring files from 1 device to another is to use a cloud app such as Dropbox.  From your Chromebook upload any files you want to transfer onto Dropbox , then download the files onto your phone.  To do that you would need to install Dropbox on  the Chromebook and the phone, that way you would not need any connecting leads.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms