Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeteusFX
What's DOS?
Views: 2,664
Message 3 of 23

SD won't read in new 8.1 Android OREO

I was using my SD card with my cellphone no problem. I received the update and was excited because of Oreo Android. The actualization is finished, but the SD card will not recognize. There is a notification saying : "SanDisk SD card missing" "Reinsert this device" Tried removing the SD and resetting the system but nothing works.

Highlighted
Dwarka
What's DOS?
Views: 2,567
Message 1 of 23

Re: Unable to download media files after Oreo 8.1 update - Moto G5 Plus 32 GB - India

Hi,

I have the same problem since update to Android 8.1.0 It says unsupported SanDisk SD card. It was working fine in the older version. I have tried with a factory reset, removing and inserting the card again, tried formatting both as internal storage (this was how it was configured earlier) and portable storage but it doesn't work. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks.

Kakuguia
Paper Tape
Views: 2,408
Message 2 of 23

G5+ don't access sd card

Hi!

I updated my G5+ yesterday and then my apps can't access sd card. In Moto File Manager the sd card appears in gray, on another manager its also don't show.

What happened? Someone knows?

My sd card isn't formatted as internal and I don't want do this.

Screenshot_20181010-144515.pngMoto File Manager

Screenshot_20181010-144727.pngConfig page.

gapal
What's DOS?
Views: 2,541
Message 4 of 23

Re: SD won't read in new 8.1 Android OREO

I am having the exact same issue. I have a 64GB sanDisk Class 10 SD card. It was working fine since I purchased the phone (almost 6 months). 3 days back after updating to Android 8.1 OREO, I started getting errors msgs for multiple apps. Once I restarted phone, I started getting msg that Smiley FrustratedanDisk SD card missing" "Reinsert...". I tried multiple reboots. remove, then insert again, etc etc... but no help.
I can share screenshots, submit bug report if required.
Please help.
TeteusFX
What's DOS?
Views: 2,527
Message 5 of 23

I already fixed mine. I just waited and it worked. Weird.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,498
Message 6 of 23

Hi gapal,

Thanks for sharing. Are you still having an issue? If so, can you please send me a screenshot of the error? Also, may I know what is model of your SD Card? We'll further check this. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Dwarka
What's DOS?
Views: 2,460
Message 7 of 23

Re: Unable to download media files after Oreo 8.1 update - Moto G5 Plus 32 GB - India

Hello,

It is not just a question of not being able to download - the SD card which was working fine in earlier version doesnt work anymore. Have tried formatting both as internal storage and portable storage but has not helped.

Please help.

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,408
Message 8 of 23

@Dwarka wrote:

Hello,

It is not just a question of not being able to download - the SD card which was working fine in earlier version doesnt work anymore. Have tried formatting both as internal storage and portable storage but has not helped.

Please help.

Thanks

Do you have any other SD cards to test? Are you getting an error message whenever you insert the SD card? Can you share a screenshot of the error?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,374
Message 9 of 23

Re: G5+ don't access sd card

@Kakuguia wrote:

Hi!

I updated my G5+ yesterday and then my apps can't access sd card. In Moto File Manager the sd card appears in gray, on another manager its also don't show.

What happened? Someone knows?

My sd card isn't formatted as internal and I don't want do this.

Have you tried removing the SD card, then re-inserting it? Do you have another SD card to test to see if it's limited to only your current SD card?

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

MattCutts
What's DOS?
Views: 2,305
Message 10 of 23

I'm having a similar problem with the SD card. My phone (Moto g5+ dual sim) was updated to Andriod 8.1 via OTA three days ago, all was working OK until this morning when the phone powers off without any aparently reason, but it keeps in an infite loop at the Motorola Logo (it never powers on). I extract the SD card and restar the phone and all works fine so it seems like the problem is the Android 8.1 update have a SD card issue or something.

Actually i already have a solution: starting the phone without the SD card and then going to setings-storage-sdcard_name-forget and then reincert the card and formating it (i tried with internal and external modes and looks fine in both cases). I know that this isn't the best solution but until a Software Update comes i think it will be.

Top Kudoed Authors