Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-17-2017

GB

2 Signins

21 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎12-17-2017
  • Location: GB
  • Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 69

SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

2017-12-17, 20:56 PM

Hi,

I have recently bought a Moto G5 Plus but it no longer recognises the SIM card. I have tried to restart it in Safe Mode with no luck, still does not recognise the SIM. I have tried the SIM card in another phone, and that worked fine. I have tried another SIM card in this phone and that also was not recognised.

 

Has anyone else seen this issue ? 

 

Any suggestions about how to fix this.

 

Thanks

Reply
Options

3948 Posts

12-01-2016

PH

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

  • Posts: 3948
  • Registered: ‎12-01-2016
  • Location: PH
  • Views: 85486
  • Message 2 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

2017-12-18, 17:29 PM

Hi AC_UK,

 

It must be a hassle if the sim is not being detected by your phone, let me try to assist you. Can you please verify where (country&store) did you buy the phone? Have you tried to use another sim card? What is your carrier? Have you tried checking them if they carry this phone? 


Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Reply
Options

2 Posts

12-17-2017

GB

2 Signins

21 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎12-17-2017
  • Location: GB
  • Views: 21
  • Message 3 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

2017-12-18, 17:34 PM

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for the help. I got the phone from Carphone Warehouse and am using an O2 SIM card. It was working for about a month and then stopped. I have tried the SIM in another phone and also tried a Vodafone SIM in the Moto G5 Plus.

 

Regards

Andrew

Reply
Options

3948 Posts

12-01-2016

PH

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

  • Posts: 3948
  • Registered: ‎12-01-2016
  • Location: PH
  • Views: 85486
  • Message 4 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

2017-12-20, 21:48 PM

wrote:

Hi Daisy,

Thanks for the help. I got the phone from Carphone Warehouse and am using an O2 SIM card. It was working for about a month and then stopped. I have tried the SIM in another phone and also tried a Vodafone SIM in the Moto G5 Plus.

 

Regards

Andrew


What happened when you tried the sim on another phone and tried the sim on the phone? Did you get any error? Was it the same issue? Sorry, it was not clear in your reply. 

 


Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Reply
Options

7 Posts

03-29-2017

ES

16 Signins

153 Page Views

  • Posts: 7
  • Registered: ‎03-29-2017
  • Location: ES
  • Views: 153
  • Message 5 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

2017-12-21, 7:38 AM

Something similar is happening to me (Spain here): new sim card, bought the same day as the phone, about one month ago. Sim detection working perfectly since three or four days ago: "Falta la tarjeta SIM" ("SIM card not detected") message is showing about two-three times each day, and is appearing when I'm not touching the phone. The only way to make the phone detect the SIM again is by restarting it.

 

The SIM is working fine in other phones, tested yesterday. Also, last night I put it on the second SIM slot of my Moto, and the message still has not appeared. So, maybe, it's a fault of the first SIM slot...

 

EDIT: Ok, second SIM slot and same error, like 16 hours later... Not good.

 

 

Reply
Options

3948 Posts

12-01-2016

PH

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

  • Posts: 3948
  • Registered: ‎12-01-2016
  • Location: PH
  • Views: 85486
  • Message 6 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

2017-12-22, 15:26 PM

wrote:

Something similar is happening to me (Spain here): new sim card, bought the same day as the phone, about one month ago. Sim detection working perfectly since three or four days ago: "Falta la tarjeta SIM" ("SIM card not detected") message is showing about two-three times each day, and is appearing when I'm not touching the phone. The only way to make the phone detect the SIM again is by restarting it.

 

The SIM is working fine in other phones, tested yesterday. Also, last night I put it on the second SIM slot of my Moto, and the message still has not appeared. So, maybe, it's a fault of the first SIM slot...

 

EDIT: Ok, second SIM slot and same error, like 16 hours later... Not good.

 

 


Did you buy it in the same country? Try this Go to Setting>Backup &reset>Network settings> reset settings.

 


Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Reply
Options

7 Posts

03-29-2017

ES

16 Signins

153 Page Views

  • Posts: 7
  • Registered: ‎03-29-2017
  • Location: ES
  • Views: 153
  • Message 7 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

2017-12-29, 7:53 AM
Hi.

After doing it, the same error appeared after about 10 hours. Next, I do a wipe cache, and the error didn't appear again for the next two days (tuesday december 26th, I think). Then the error appeared; I did another wipe cache, and since 26th the error has no longer appeared... but this is like playing roulette, it's clearly a software problem. It's inadmissible that a phone lost the signal randomly and without advise. Please, tell us if the Moto team is doing something about this!
Reply
Options

3948 Posts

12-01-2016

PH

1423 Signins

85486 Page Views

  • Posts: 3948
  • Registered: ‎12-01-2016
  • Location: PH
  • Views: 85486
  • Message 8 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

2018-01-10, 22:23 PM

wrote:
Hi.

After doing it, the same error appeared after about 10 hours. Next, I do a wipe cache, and the error didn't appear again for the next two days (tuesday december 26th, I think). Then the error appeared; I did another wipe cache, and since 26th the error has no longer appeared... but this is like playing roulette, it's clearly a software problem. It's inadmissible that a phone lost the signal randomly and without advise. Please, tell us if the Moto team is doing something about this!

Does other sim work on the phone? Did you check with your carrier if it's compatible with this model?

 


Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

Reply
Options

7 Posts

03-29-2017

ES

16 Signins

153 Page Views

  • Posts: 7
  • Registered: ‎03-29-2017
  • Location: ES
  • Views: 153
  • Message 9 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

2018-01-11, 7:45 AM

Moto_Daisy escribió:

 

Does other sim work on the phone? Did you check with your carrier if it's compatible with this model?

 


Hi.

 

My SIM works in other phones, and other SIMs works in my phone... but I've only tested it for 12 hours (a whole night), and, as I said, anyway my SIM works in my phone at longers periods of time (entire days)... and then just suddenly the problem appears. So it's almost impossible to test it, neither my SIM with other phone nor my phone with other SIM that is not the mine: what period of time should I test it? Entire weeks? I can't move all the configurations and apps that I need at such large periods.

 

The SIM is new, the phone is new... something is wrong here, hardware or software.

Reply
Options

2 Posts

01-15-2018

IN

7 Signins

36 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎01-15-2018
  • Location: IN
  • Views: 36
  • Message 10 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 s Plus

2018-01-16, 3:48 AM

My Sim slot 1 is not detecting any Sim card. My sim card is working fine in other phones. This problem is arising from last 3 days when I updated the software. My phone is new no damages sim slot 1 stopped working itself. Somebody please help.

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save