Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,111
Message 11 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 s Plus

@trippyheart wrote:

My Sim slot 1 is not detecting any Sim card. My sim card is working fine in other phones. This problem is arising from last 3 days when I updated the software. My phone is new no damages sim slot 1 stopped working itself. Somebody please help.

Sorry to know that you're having this issue. Which phone model do you have, is it a G5S Plus/ G5 Plus? What is the software version of your phone and your carrier? 

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

ZhangSir
Paper Tape
Views: 4,023
Message 12 of 69

Hi, Is your problem solved? I have a 1 month new Moto G5 Plus. It was working well till yesterday at noon. For some reason, started from yesterday at around noon, I saw the "No Sim Card" problem. Googled and tried many ways and still can't resolve the issue. I tried reset the system to factory mode, reboot, it worked for a while, but later on for a couple hours, the problem came back again. the tried reboot, it picked up the sim card and after awhile, the problem came back again. tried many other different things, like reset the network, turn on/off/on the airplane mode, etc. but none of them worked. Saw several other persons on other forum has this issue too. Wish Moto can give a answer, what's wrong?
baudelinog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,005
Message 13 of 69

Problem not solved, but I'm guessing what's happening. If you read this forum and other similar sites, you already know that this is a common problem. As I wrote before, I had the same problem: new SIM and new Moto G5 Plus, after three weeks the NO SIM CARD DETECTED message appears; reboots, wipe caches and so solves the problem... until the message appears again, after four hours o four days.

About two weeks after the first time the message appeared, the SIM card died. It did not work neither in my phone, nor in any phone.

Buyed a new SIM this week, and the Moto G5 Plus is working flawlessly... until when??????

Looking at the previous SIM card, I noticed some parallel traces ripped in the card. It seems that the SIM slot, while inserting, is causing some damage to the card.

Could you all, please, extract the SIM Card and look at the surface? Does it have those traces ripped? If the answer is affirmative, then it's clearly a problem in the SIM slot design.

ZhangSir
Paper Tape
Views: 3,972
Message 14 of 69

Yes, I do see THREE traces in one direction and TWO in the other direction layout like this:

|---------|

|---------|

|---------|

I put the card in my old Nokia so far 1 day long, looks like it is working perfectly well.  Can this confirm that the Sim Card is not damaged? 

Also checked one of my previous SIM card, found similar traces too! So I don't think the traces are the problem. Once the SIM card is inserted in the slot, it does not move at all, so should not have further damage from hardware parts. I highly suspect it is some software BUG in the moto system. Moto Supports, please please tell us what to do? 

BTW: which service provider are you using? I'm using H2O wireless, though I bought the moto from republic unlocked.

Highlighted
RosyN
Paper Tape
Views: 3,925
Message 15 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

I bought my Moto G5 S plus in September 2017 via Amazon.in (India). I'm currently in Austria and the phone was working fine with 2 sims- one Indian (Vodafone) & one Austrian (Delight Mobile) but last week (Jan 2018) my phone suddenly started acting weird.

Both the sim cards are not detected and showing sim slot empty and the phone gets restart by itself randomly.

I'm not a rough user of the phone and I don't have any unwanted or too many apps installed in my phone; thus it was a shock to see my phone misbehaving.

I tried many solutions like reset, restart, take the sim slot out etc but nothing is working.

Since I'm a student in a foreign country, I'm kind of stuck with no phone connection. The OTP's for my bank transactions etc is stuck now. I have no idea what to do. I need a solution on immediate basis.

So helpless Smiley Sad Such a disappointment even before the first 4 months :/  

durgalucky
What's DOS?
Views: 3,883
Message 16 of 69

yes, i bought it from amazon India, I have bought vodafone Sim-  i am staying in India SIM is not getting recognised. Phone sim cards settings shows as SIM empty. Please help 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,863
Message 17 of 69

@durgalucky wrote:

yes, i bought it from amazon India, I have bought vodafone Sim-  i am staying in India SIM is not getting recognised. Phone sim cards settings shows as SIM empty. Please help 

Hi, durgalucky.

Thank you for your feedback, just to narrow down could you try this?

>> Remove all the sim and SD card if you are using >> reboot your device,

>> Check with different network provider/sims and leave it for some time and check if that makes any difference.

>> Make sure you are not using any cropped sim?

Let us know if you are able to resolve the issues -if not replace/replacement is the only option.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
RosyN
Paper Tape
Views: 3,819
Message 18 of 69

Hi Swaraj,

Tried it all. 

>> Removed all the sims and rebooted device. No change

>> Checked with different network sims. No change

>> Put my sim in another phone and it worked. Tried it back in my Moto, it detected the sim for 5minutes and it was back to the old condition.

Nowadays battery charge is also decreased in an alarming way, initially I needed to charge it only once each day but now for the same usage I charge it 3 to 4 times and now try to switch off wifi connection if I'm not using the phone.. but it has no noticebale effect.

Its not been even half a year since I bought it.. SAD.

Please let me know the possibility of replacement option.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,794
Message 19 of 69

Hi All,

Could you all update your profile if you not done already, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,784
Message 20 of 69

@RosyN wrote:

Hi Swaraj,

Tried it all. 

>> Removed all the sims and rebooted device. No change

>> Checked with different network sims. No change

>> Put my sim in another phone and it worked. Tried it back in my Moto, it detected the sim for 5minutes and it was back to the old condition.

Nowadays battery charge is also decreased in an alarming way, initially I needed to charge it only once each day but now for the same usage I charge it 3 to 4 times and now try to switch off wifi connection if I'm not using the phone.. but it has no noticebale effect.

Its not been even half a year since I bought it.. SAD.

Please let me know the possibility of replacement option.

Sorry to hear about that, looks like there is an issue with the sim slot. Would request you to send for repair/replacement.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Top Kudoed Authors