Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RosyN
Paper Tape
Views: 1,939
Message 21 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

IMEI and MEID is shown as 0 in my device.. What to do?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,918
Message 22 of 69

@RosyN wrote:
IMEI and MEID is shown as 0 in my device.. What to do?

That is strange, have you rooted your device? However, you can still find your IMEI details by Dialing *#06#. You typically will not need to press the Call or Send button, as the IMEI/MEID number will appear as soon as you finish dialing the code.

You can also find it in your invoice copy or the box. Could you let us know where you have purchased your device?

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
lareputamadre
Paper Tape
Views: 1,850
Message 23 of 69

Hey senior adviser , i cant believe ur talking about some *removed* apps as the possible problem as we are all having the same issue after trying the sim card in other phones with no problem . and i ask u , *removed* is it going to help us getting a replacement if apparently this is a general factory problem with this model ?? who pays for the time and effort i put into this ? i just cant believe it . many but many kisses from argentina , a country where people are real humans that get angry at this king d *removed*, i cant believe either how users here all talk about this like they all were in the little house in the prairie ... after hours of searching the best phone for my budget  i m *removed* fuming 

LAREPUTISIMA MADRE Q LOS REMIL PARIO 

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language

MotoJaiswal
Paper Tape
Views: 1,803
Message 24 of 69

Hi Guys, I have an issue with the SIM slots on my G5s Plus (India here) So the SIM that is ususally in SIM 1 (A) slot suddendly stopped working today. The SIM in the SIM 2 (B) slot is working fine. So, I thought A is damaged, I got it replaced for a new one and surprisingly the new A doesn't work either. I used the new A in another phone and it works just fine. Now, I moved the B to SIM 1 slot and A to SIM 2 slot and both work just fine. But, why doessn't A work in SIM 1 slot like it used to? Anyone else have the same issue?

PS- My phone is just 2 months old

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,794
Message 25 of 69

@MotoJaiswal wrote:

Hi Guys, I have an issue with the SIM slots on my G5s Plus (India here) So the SIM that is ususally in SIM 1 (A) slot suddendly stopped working today. The SIM in the SIM 2 (B) slot is working fine. So, I thought A is damaged, I got it replaced for a new one and surprisingly the new A doesn't work either. I used the new A in another phone and it works just fine. Now, I moved the B to SIM 1 slot and A to SIM 2 slot and both work just fine. But, why doessn't A work in SIM 1 slot like it used to? Anyone else have the same issue?

PS- My phone is just 2 months old

As exchanging sim is working great, doesn't sound to be slot issues - possible the sim you were using in slot A earlier would have issues with the chip not recognizing on slot 1. Can you try with a diffrent sim on slot 1 just to narrow down, if that works fine?

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
MotoJaiswal
Paper Tape
Views: 1,791
Message 26 of 69

Hi Swaraj, thank you for your reply. Yes I usually had my Jio SIM in slot 1 and Vodafone in Slot 2. I also replaced the Jio sim today from the Jio office but even after that it didn't work in Slot 1. So I swapped, right now, Vodafone is in Slot 1 and Jio in slot 2. But whenever I am putting Jio in Slot 1 it's not detecting. Infact, I inserted a friend's Jio SIM in slot 1 and it did not detect her SIM too. What might be the issue?
lareputamadre
Paper Tape
Views: 1,777
Message 27 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 s Plus

@baudelinog Que tal gallego , aca de argentina . Todavia te anda el celu o ya te vino el no sim card de vuelta ? mi sim tiene una rajadurita asi q muy probablemente tengas razon. De hecho, lo mas inteligente q he leido /visto es de agregarle un pedazito de papel abajo del sim ya q tb puede haber un problema de contacto flojo. Esa solucion me suscita bastante temor , me digo q el calor dentro del celu termine por quemarlo y vaya saber si no dispara alguna catastrofe .. saludos.

lareputamadre
Paper Tape
Views: 1,773
Message 28 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 s Plus

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,749
Message 29 of 69

@MotoJaiswal wrote:
Hi Swaraj, thank you for your reply. Yes I usually had my Jio SIM in slot 1 and Vodafone in Slot 2. I also replaced the Jio sim today from the Jio office but even after that it didn't work in Slot 1. So I swapped, right now, Vodafone is in Slot 1 and Jio in slot 2. But whenever I am putting Jio in Slot 1 it's not detecting. Infact, I inserted a friend's Jio SIM in slot 1 and it did not detect her SIM too. What might be the issue?

This sound strange issues to me, as earlier your Jio sim use to work fine on slot 1, now you confirm none of the Jio sims is working. Does that not recognize any sim/network slot one when you insert the Jio sim? or any Jio sim? If this is troubling you, you should visit the service center and have it checked once, hope they can resolve.

-Swaraj

MotoJaiswal
Paper Tape
Views: 1,749
Message 30 of 69

Hi Swaraj, Yes it does look very weird. Aah negative, Both Jio SIMs I tried in Slot 1, work just fine on other phones. Additionally, I did think it was a SIM probelm so the Jio SIM was replaced with a new one earlier yesterday, post which I figured it wasn't a SIM issue but something with the phone itself. And yes, the Vodafone SIM in slot 1 seems to be working fine, but none of the JIO sims are. 

Top Kudoed Authors