Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 902
Message 41 of 66

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

@chb1966 wrote:

Only fixed the problem for a few minutes.  Amazon is sending a replacement.  Hope this one works or will have to try something else.  Annoying.  Obviously this is a problem with at least some of the phones.

We thank you for your feedback, we will pass it along to our concern team.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

vwchevyrock
Paper Tape
Views: 831
Message 42 of 66

I'm just throwing this out there, but I'm pretty sure I'm having the same, or at least very similar issue with a single sim slot, American moto g5+. It's still under warranty, so the only fix I have is that hopefully it's under warranty if you have this problem, and if it isn't then you're [Removed]I guess. The link to my thread on the issue I'm having is: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/moto-g5-SIM-card-not-detected/m-p/4052337/highligh...

Edited for site rule violation - profanity. (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Moto-Owners-Forum-Site-Rules/td-p/3269704) You - Swaraj

chb1966
Paper Tape
Views: 807
Message 43 of 66

Update on my situation:   I replaced both the phone and the sim card and no problems yet.  It took about 3 weeks for this problem to show up last time so I don't feel like I'm in the clear yet.  I have also turned off vibrate in as many places as I can.  My latest theory is that the vibrate feature, being much more aggresive than my previous phone, evetually shook the sim tray so much that it dammaged the sim contacts, sim card itself, or both.  I have no evidance that that is really the case, but it's the only thing I can come up with that makes any logical sense.  Now that this phone is one generation old, I don't expect to see much help with the problem.  My timing was just a few days off.  If could have returned the original G 5 plus for the 6 (and paid the difference) I would have.  I think there is a design problem with the G 5 plus that only shows up under certain use cases and maybe particular sim cards.  But I don't think I will ever know for sure.  Good luck everybody.  I'll post more if the new phone starts acting up.    

Nitish30
Paper Tape
Views: 759
Message 44 of 66

Hi,

I purchased the moto g5 s plus last month having the same error of no sim detected. 

Major bussiness call are stuck due to this. Whenever I try to call it says please remove the Airplane mode and then call, but there is no Airplane mode on in the phone. Tried all the options of general restart, factory reset, hard reset, network configuration but still nothing is working. 

Ease help to get this resolved on priority. Would appreciate your quick response. 

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 729
Message 45 of 66

@Nitish30 wrote:

Hi,

I purchased the moto g5 s plus last month having the same error of no sim detected. 

Major bussiness call are stuck due to this. Whenever I try to call it says please remove the Airplane mode and then call, but there is no Airplane mode on in the phone. Tried all the options of general restart, factory reset, hard reset, network configuration but still nothing is working. 

Ease help to get this resolved on priority. Would appreciate your quick response. 

Hello,

Sorry to hear about that, could you please test with different network provider? May I know, when are you facing this issue, have you made any changes to your device settings recently? Are you on roaming? Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know how it goes? If this did not help then the next option would be service/repair.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

Nitish30
Paper Tape
Views: 727
Message 46 of 66

Hi,

This issue is coming from last Saturday. I didnt any changes in system setting. As per your suggestion I tested in safe mode also but still its nit working. Please help on priority as my many important calls are stuck due to this.

Would appreciate your help . 

Thanks and Regards 

Nitish Gedam 

Unnat1
What's DOS?
Views: 709
Message 47 of 66

Me too

Aryak
What's DOS?
Views: 606
Message 48 of 66

Same problem with my 2 months old Moto G5S plus.And I don't really know how to fix it.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 601
Message 49 of 66

@Nitish30 wrote:

Hi,

This issue is coming from last Saturday. I didnt any changes in system setting. As per your suggestion I tested in safe mode also but still its nit working. Please help on priority as my many important calls are stuck due to this.

Would appreciate your help . 

Thanks and Regards 

Nitish Gedam 

Hi, Nitish30.

We would still like to confirm if you have tested with different network providers? If yes, are you facing the same issue on both the slots? 

If you have already tested the above and yet your device slots are not detecting the "Sim Card"  then the next option would be service/repair.

Best,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 597
Message 50 of 66

@Aryak wrote:
Same problem with my 2 months old Moto G5S plus.And I don't really know how to fix it.

@Aryak and  Unnat1

- Could you confirm if you are facing the same issue as Nitish30? Have you already tested with different network "sim cards" Does that make any difference? If not, then it could be the slot issue/damage, for which the next option would be service/repair.

Best,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors