Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hila
What's DOS?
Views: 804
Message 51 of 64

Moto G5 Plus - SIM card no longer recognized

I've owned my Moto G5 Plus since September 2017. Yesterday (July 4th 2018) the phone abruptly stopped recognizing the SIM card I've been using with since I bought it (shows that there's no SIM card inserted). I've tried:

1. Reinstalling the SIM

2. Restarting the device

3. Toggling the flight mode on and off

4. Tried using SIM card in a different phone - SIM card is recognized and works.

The SIM card remains unrecognized.

I purchased my phone in the USA. SIM card is from T Mobile.

Please assist.

Post merged into a running thread. Subject edited -Sandip

Ichimel
What's DOS?
Views: 648
Message 52 of 64

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

Hello, I had the same issue and probably fixed.

1. SIM1 disappear after 30mins etc and suspected to heat. (Inside aircon area, never happen)

2. Try to remove and reinsert sim card in aircon area, sim1 disappear so it's not because of heat.

and tried to put scotch tape on the sim card (2 scotch tape to have little thicker)

Then I use it for 2 days, it's working ok now.

**Before its disappear 2-3 times a day when I'm outside.

kowalski
Paper Tape
Views: 551
Message 53 of 64

I have the same problem. It sense to have been caused by the latest firmware update.

Please, stop telling us to do silly things like tot other SIM cards or tell you where we bought the phone.

Just fix it.

KeithB144
Paper Tape
Views: 520
Message 54 of 64

Hi All. Same problem with me. I have a dual SIM G5. Has worked well for over a year with a Tesco Sim in slot 1 and a French Sim (Free) in slot 2. After the last Motorola update Sim 1 stopped working. I contacted Tesco who verified the Sim was okay. I then changed slots. The Tesco Sim now worked fine in slot 2. The Free Sim in slot 1 would allow data and SMS but no phone access. I have done a complete reset, cleaned cache but the problem persists.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 496
Message 55 of 64

Hello, 

I am sorry to hear that. 

Regarding your issue can you please confirm/try the folowing :

- Are you located in France or in the UK ? 

- Did you try your Free SIM in another device ? If not, please try and tell us if calls work. 

- Did you try to contact Free directly ? 

Apparently it's not a SIM slot issue as both SIM are working (almost completely) this indicates it's not a part issue but a SIM issue. 

Regards, 

Julie 

Moto Lenovo.

KeithB144
Paper Tape
Views: 484
Message 56 of 64

Hi Julie. Yes I am in France and both the Tesco and the Free cards work in other phones. Both operators say the cards are fine. The problem IS with the phone which was working fine before the last update.

yasserAJ
What's DOS?
Views: 361
Message 57 of 64

Same here, bought a Moto g5s plus from Media Markt in Spain, it worked during one year just fine, but this last week it simply doesn't recognize the sim card, I had the same issue in a Moto g4, I thought it was resolved but seems like it wasn't.

Very disappointed. 

KeithB144
Paper Tape
Views: 354
Message 58 of 64

Looks like many of us have the same problem. Unfortunately nothing seems to be happening to resolve the problem. I really like my G5 but now I have lost my second Sim it doesn't suit my needs anymore. Looks like I will have to get a new phone. Back to Samsung I think.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 311
Message 59 of 64

@KeithB144 wrote:

Looks like many of us have the same problem. Unfortunately nothing seems to be happening to resolve the problem. I really like my G5 but now I have lost my second Sim it doesn't suit my needs anymore. Looks like I will have to get a new phone. Back to Samsung I think.

Hi!

You have previously mentioned, that the factory reset of the device didn't help and the SIM-cards are working well in other devices. It might be, that there is a hardware issue with your device. We would like to recommend you sending the device to the repair centre for a diagnose.

You can find the necessary information by clicking on the link: http://motorola-global-portal-fr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/105239/session/L3RpbWUvMTUzOTk...

Kind regards,

Katalin

Highlighted
KeithB144
Paper Tape
Views: 305
Message 60 of 64

Hi Katalin. Last night I received an update to Android 8.1.0 .After installation Sim card one slot now works. My phone is back to normal and working fine. It was a software problem as I have always said. I hope all the others who have had the same problem get the same result after the update. Just happy the update came when it did. Was just about to buy another phone. Now I will stay with my G5 which I love.

Top Kudoed Authors