Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chipseta
Paper Tape
Views: 653
Message 61 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

I am another victim of this problem.

I bought a new 5Gs Plus and slot1 does not recognize my SIM1. If i put SIM1 in slot2, it working. I have other SIM and it working fine in slot1 but my SIM does not.

I update my phone to the last version, but i think the problem is hardware.

I cant put paper because the warranty will be forfeited.

So here is too many SIM errors in the world, if some part is defective (if the slots are sloppy), why Lenovo have not fixed it yet? 1 year later!

elsner_bhushan
Paper Tape
Views: 581
Message 62 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 s Plus

I have received system update Android 8.0 in  mobile , after some time my both sim card not detected.

after some time (4 hours) sim detected. It happens 2 to 3 time.

There is not a problem in SIM, It happens after update system software.

Thanks

chipseta
Paper Tape
Views: 574
Message 63 of 69

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 s Plus

I am sure that the problem is mechanical. When i fix the SIM, the system recognize it. Otherwise there is gap and SIM does not work.
philip21
Paper Tape
Views: 482
Message 64 of 69

I have a similar but not the exact same problem.  I'm using G5 Plus with Oreo 8.1 and security update on 12/1/18.  Phone is Amazon variant.  Using same SIM card since I got the phone, last March (?).  Phone periodically does not detect SIM card at bootup.  Problem started within last 4- 6 weeks.  Have to restart to get phone to detect SIM. 

I assume its a software issue. Any ideas on how to fix?

Fitter88
Paper Tape
Views: 423
Message 65 of 69

Hi,

I'm a new G5+ owner (Italy) worried by the same problem, appeared for the 1st time several months after the purchase.

At the beginning the problem was sporadic and solvable in 1 or 2 reboots.

Today 5 reboots were useless. Moving the SIM from slot 1 to slot 2 useless. Removing it to the slot 1 ACCIDENTALLY successful.

This is my 1st Moto and I'm really angry: unacceptable that Lenovo hasn't provided a solution to a such a serious and widespread proplem!

Dan555
What's DOS?
Views: 418
Message 66 of 69

I have 2 Moto G5 Plus (U.S. version single sim) phones in the same household. Both about 1 year 3 months old. Both show invalid sim card intermittently at power on. They have to be restarted one or more times to show a cellular signal and not the little sim card icon in place of cellular signal. I have also seen this happen after restarting in safe mode so rogue user installed apps cannot be blamed. Having to restart is not that much of a problem but they sometimes do not regain signal and show invalid sim card when traveling around the area. It's like they lose signal due to proximity to a tower and then do not try to regain when in a stronger signal area. This is really annoying since we do not know what calls we may be missing without checking the phone status constantly. I do not believe this is a hardware problem since both phones in my household have the exact same problem. Two in the same house would indicate a really high hardware failure rate. Both phones have exhibited the problem with Sprint and Verizon sims and started in late 2018. Both have been in cases and treated with care. Neither has had the sim slot exposed to moisture, dust or any type of shock. I believe it is a lower level firmware problem. Lenovo, I know your priorities are with the newer products but please take a look at this as it seems to be a common issue. You are still selling the Moto G5 Plus on your website so it needs to be supported.

nvh101
What's DOS?
Views: 239
Message 67 of 69

Had the same problem, 2nd SIM card was not detected. Tried several things;

- Switch the slider next to Sim2 in Settings > Mobile network in order to enable the SIM slot

- Soft reboot

- Hard reboot

- Wipe partition cache

- Toggle Airplane mode

- Reset Network settings (unfortunately this also wipes WiFi log-ins and bluetooth connections)

Nothing helped

Here's what I did what eventually soved it:

- Enable Airplane mode

- Go to Settings > Mobile network

- Switch the slider next to Sim2 -> This enabled the 2nd sim

- Disable Airplan mode

roxetak
SCSI Port
Views: 231
Message 68 of 69

U tried this sim card in 1st slot, or in another phone? Check if sim card is correctly insert, plug in.

roxetak
flyvasanth
What's DOS?
Views: 167
Message 69 of 69

I am fed up with motorola service, I bought mobile from US and using in India for last 1.5 years. Now my Mobile not reading the SIM. when I went service centre,they said it's software issue .Abroad purchased mobile can't be resolved.

How will you accept this. Motorola is worldwide company. They should able to resolve the issue.

My mobile number 0091 9629554434.

When I purchased Mobile they said about any future problems can be addressed thru service centre.

I dudidn expert from motoMoto.

Please help

Top Kudoed Authors