Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baudelinog
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,137
Message 31 of 63

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 s Plus

@lareputamadre (voy a hablarte en inglés para que nos entiendan todos, espero que no te moleste) Hi! Until now, no more error messages about the SIM. Maybe a matter of time, I don't know. Fingers crossed.

I really think this is a design error of the SIM card slot, or how it is enclosed inside the phone. The traces I saw in my old SIM were really suspicious: compared to the new SIM, it was obvious that something caused them. And the only possibility is that design error. Maybe it does not happen in all the phones, but it happens in a lot of them anyway.

The paper behind the SIM could help!

Ana__Paula
Paper Tape
Views: 1,055
Message 32 of 63

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 Plus

Hi everyone,

I have bought a brand new, unlocked Moto G5 plus on ebay in the US last January. I didn't use it there (my bad, I probably should've tried it) and brought it to Argentina where I'm currently living. I put in a brand new SIM card by Claro (my carrier), and my phone does not recognize it. Keep getting the "No SIM card" message. The SIM card works fine on other phones so it's not a SIM card problem. I tried other perfectly working SIMs on the phone and it doesn't detect them, either. My carrier told me there's no network compatibility problem so it has to be the phone.

After reading this thread on the forum I can see it's a common problem... I tried all the solutions suggested -except for the paper behind the SIM, I am a little concerned of it being a fire hazard, and none of them worked. Is there anything else I can try?

Everything else on the phone works fine on wifi. But I bought it as a phone, not a tablet. 

Any help will be appreciated. 

trippyheart
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,024
Message 33 of 63

Re: SIM Card not detected in Moto G5 s Plus

My phone is Moto g5 s plus and now the problem is shifted to sim slot 2, sim slot 1 is working fine. My mobile software is android version 7.1.1 Nougat. I was using Airtel in sim slot 1 and Cellone in slot 2 when the prior stopped showing up. After a few days I bought a Jio sim and put it in slot 1 and Cellone in slot 2 and now the slot 2 has stopped working.

NikhileshD
Paper Tape
Views: 996
Message 34 of 63

My Moto G5 plus got into same problem... I removed sim tray and cleaned phone cavity with compressed air (around 1 bar pressure) and problem is resolved!!! Make sure you do not pass huge pressure air into and air has passage to come out otherwise  it can blow screen/cover out!!!

NikhileshD
Paper Tape
Views: 998
Message 35 of 63

My Moto G5 plus got into same problem... I removed sim tray and cleaned phone cavity with compressed air (around 1 bar pressure) and problem is resolved!!! Make sure you do not pass huge pressure air into and air has passage to come out otherwise  it can blow screen/cover out!!!

MotoJaiswal
Paper Tape
Views: 872
Message 36 of 63

Hi Swaraj, 

Sorry wasn't able to reply to you for a long time. I still have the same problem. None, and I literally mean NONE (including friends and family's) Jio SIMs work in Slot 1, but they all work is Slot 2. My Vodafone works fine in Slot 1. Aditionally I am facing a new issue from the past 1 week! "netwrok error, please try again later". I read a thread where you asked to someone to check if they were having the same issue in SAFE MODE! I did try and the problem still persists! Here's a screenshot! What can be done?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 850
Message 37 of 63

@MotoJaiswalwrote:

Hi Swaraj, 

Sorry wasn't able to reply to you for a long time. I still have the same problem. None, and I literally mean NONE (including friends and family's) Jio SIMs work in Slot 1, but they all work is Slot 2. My Vodafone works fine in Slot 1. Aditionally I am facing a new issue from the past 1 week! "netwrok error, please try again later". I read a thread where you asked to someone to check if they were having the same issue in SAFE MODE! I did try and the problem still persists! Here's a screenshot! What can be done?

This is strange that none of the Jio sims is working in slot one? May I know, when you insert in the sim 1, are you able to use data at least? Also, could you let us know what are the network setting on Sim 1 when you use Jio sim? Have you tried resetting your network? Abot the error-- when do you get this error? Does it auto pop when you have Jio in your slot 1. 

If you want to enable voice and data then call 1977 from your SIM to initiate the process. Try this method and let us know how it goes?

Thanks,

-Swaraj

MotoJaiswal
Paper Tape
Views: 847
Message 38 of 63

I took my phone to the service center today. They opened it up and after tests said that the connector pins for the slot 1 are damaged. They can't explain how it got damaged and netiher can I. The engineer acknowledged that such a damage doesn't occur due to any fall or enternal impact, and to set the record straight I haven't dropped my phone once in last 3 months I've purchased it. The phone, when I purchased it, was for 15000/- and they told me they'll have to replace the entire motherboard to fix it and that the sim sim s can't be replaced just by themselves. The motherboard costs 16000/-++, more than the cost of the phone ifself! The engineer said none of his sims are working in slot 1 after the initial tests and a software reset, but surprisingly my vodafone sim is working just fine! I don't understand what to make of his assessment? And on top of all that I lost my warranty for no reason. I am so pissed off. I did nothing wrong, we have been talking about this issue here for a couple of months and yet I have been penalised in every way possible. I'm very dissatisfied with Moto! 

chb1966
Paper Tape
Views: 659
Message 39 of 63

I just ran into this problem today.  I have the US G5 plus with AT&T.  The US version has only one sim slot.  It is a new sim card. The phone started seeing the sim again after several trys doing silly things.  The last time that seemed to work was a settings network reset, phone shutdown, removal of sim card, whiping the card and blowing in the slot, replacing the card, restarting the phone.  I have no idea which if any of those things fixed the phone.  Now I just hope it lasts.  And if it doesn't that it dies in the next 4 days because thats when the Amazon return policy expires.  If something goes wrong, I will post again.  Thanks.

chb1966
Paper Tape
Views: 653
Message 40 of 63

Only fixed the problem for a few minutes.  Amazon is sending a replacement.  Hope this one works or will have to try something else.  Annoying.  Obviously this is a problem with at least some of the phones.

Top Kudoed Authors