Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

04-11-2017

India

8 Signins

202 Page Views

• Views: 202
  • Message 1 of 9

Serious issue in Volte - Moto g5 plus

2017-04-11, 12:44 PM

Hello,

I bought a new Moto g5 plus ( Indian) and currently only Reliance jio offers Volte in India. From the beginning, I have been having Volte issues, where only jio lte works, but no Volte.

I tried swapping cards in simslot, registering with another Sim, using internet and calls on that before swapping that out with jio Sim. Volte worked for few days and then it was gone again.

The things that I have tried

# wiped network settings

# changed Sim slots with three four Sims in various combinations before and after restart about fifty times

#wiped cache

# did a factory reset twice

# checked jio Sim in three other phones - Volte worked perfectly in all the other phones

# tried dial codes to enable Volte setting as well as try other radio baseband frequencies ( jio broadcasts on class 3 , 5 and 40)

Nothing seems to work. I get only 4g internet and able to make calls only through jio 4g app ( an app released by the carrier to enable non Volte phones to make calls). 

I don't get enhanced 4g Volte setting at all in my menu. It's just 2g, 3g, and 4g.

Help desperately needed. Moderators, are you listening? Please tell me a fool proof way to let my phone know that it's got a Volte Sim in it and force Volte mode. Thanks.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5842 Signins

132780 Page Views

• Views: 132780
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Serious issue in Volte - Moto g5 plus

2017-04-11, 13:04 PM

wrote:

Hello,

I bought a new Moto g5 plus ( Indian) and currently only Reliance jio offers Volte in India. From the beginning, I have been having Volte issues, where only jio lte works, but no Volte.

I tried swapping cards in simslot, registering with another Sim, using internet and calls on that before swapping that out with jio Sim. Volte worked for few days and then it was gone again.

# wiped network settings

# changed Sim slots with three four Sims in various combinations before and after restart about fifty times

#wiped cache

# checked jio Sim in three other phones - Volte worked perfectly in all the other phones

# tried dial codes to enable Volte setting as well as try other radio baseband frequencies ( jio broadcasts on class 3 , 5 and 40)

Nothing seems to work. I get only 4g internet and able to make calls only through jio 4g app ( an app released by the carrier to enable non Volte phones to make calls). 

I don't get enhanced 4g Volte setting at all in my menu. It's just 2g, 3g, and 4g.

Help desperately needed. Moderators, are you listening? Please tell me a fool proof way to let my phone know that it's got a Volte Sim in it and force Volte mode. Thanks.

I don't think there is an option to pick "enhanced LTE"

If LTE works, then VoLTE should work. Is this a dual sim phone? is the other sim set to data? Have you contacted JIO?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

6 Posts

04-11-2017

India

8 Signins

202 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2017-04-11, 13:58 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Hello,

# wiped network settings

#wiped cache

I don't think there is an option to pick "enhanced LTE"

If LTE works, then VoLTE should work. Is this a dual sim phone? is the other sim set to data? Have you contacted JIO?

There is an option to pick enhanced LTE but it appears only when the phone recognizes a VoLTE Sim... It does this on and off ... a way to trigger this is swapping Sims after registration ..As mentioned by other mods on replies to similar topics

A lot of people in India are facing this same issue

Yes it's a dual SIM phone

I have contacted jio and they say it's a bug with the phone.

They must be right as every time i pop the Sim in another phone, Volte is automatically detected in a jiffy

Options

4664 Posts

10-05-2016

United States of America

623 Signins

51717 Page Views

• Views: 51717
  • Message 4 of 9

2017-04-12, 17:39 PM

Hi NavinG,

Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? is it okay if we look at your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Please do not send me a personal message regarding your concerns or questions if this can be posted to this community. We prioritize the ones posting on threads.
Options

6 Posts

04-11-2017

India

8 Signins

202 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2017-04-12, 18:21 PM

_Jess wrote:

Hi NavinG,

Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? is it okay if we look at your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Have updated one of my imei s ( it's a dual SIM phone) . My carrier - Reliance Jio 4G is not listed.

Thanks

Options

6 Posts

04-11-2017

India

8 Signins

202 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2017-04-15, 8:13 AM

Ok solution found after much distress and multiple calls to jio and Moto telesupport ( none of whom solved the problem)

What is the problem? VoLTE stops working and the enhanced VoLTE provision flag 'disappears' from menu.

What causes the problem? Using jio sim in 'roaming' locations, specifically in areas of poor or absent 4g network connectivity. The sim / device setting for the Sim setting somehow changes and misreports the device as some other device to jio network. When you get back to non-roaming circle, this problem continues to persist. You won't be able to get VoLTE provision at all despite wiping cache, swapping sim cards, doing factory resets or using dial codes. You will notice that with your jio Sim VoLTE works in other phones. I think this is primarily a Moto device problem. Misreporting itself as some other non VoLTE device to jio network with THAT specific jio Sim.

Solution : get a duplicate Sim from jio with the same number. And throw this sim away. Put the duplicate Sim in slot 1 and restart device. I didn't do this but swapped out my jio Sim with that of my wife's - she uses it only in a WiFi dongle anyway and doesn't need volte. Voila.VoLTE is back. Albeit with a new number.

This took me seven days of endless tinkering with my phone to find. 

Only wish some of the mods were more proactive in churning out a solution.

Options

20124 Posts

02-03-2016

United States of America

2589 Signins

65243 Page Views

• Views: 65243
  • Message 7 of 9

2017-04-17, 19:15 PM

Glad you found a solution. While this is primarily a peer-to-peer community, we are glad to help if we can but in this case you were quicker than we were.

Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

14 Posts

04-04-2017

Estonia

16 Signins

122 Page Views

• Views: 122
  • Message 8 of 9

2017-04-18, 7:53 AM

Matt, sorry to bring it out for you - but the user did not find a solution. What he found was a temporary solution that is not acceptable for the long term usage. It seems that all Moto Nougat ROM-s have problem with at least JIO VoLTE - I really hope that there will be an update soon that would REALLY solve these problems.

Options

2 Posts

05-25-2017

India

2 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 9 of 9

2017-05-25, 13:03 PM

Is this also the official solution from Motorola to throw the SIM and get a new one, everytime you go out on roaming?

Doesnt look like you are taking the issue seriously.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms