Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrgreenway
Blue Screen Again
Views: 256
Message 1 of 8

Smart Network Switch?

I've been advised to turn off the above to resolve an issue. But I don't believe such a feature comes with the G5+. Am I wrong? If so, where do I find it in Settings?

Porphyrius
Broadband 3G
Views: 250
Message 2 of 8

Re: Smart Network Switch?

@mrgreenway wrote:

I've been advised to turn off the above to resolve an issue. But I don't believe such a feature comes with the G5+. Am I wrong? If so, where do I find it in Settings?

What problem are you having and why was this suggested?

mrgreenway
Blue Screen Again
Views: 184
Message 3 of 8

When I connect my car dashcam  to my phone I recieve a message: "Connected. No Internet." I've researched, and attempted, multiple solutions to the problem without success. Several sources recommend turning of the Smart Network Switch, but I can't find such a feature on my G5+ phone. I've no idea why the Wi-Fi cannot access the internet.

Porphyrius
Broadband 3G
Views: 180
Message 4 of 8

On my G3 I have to disable the WiFi to use my phone data as there's no option to disable the WiFi over-riding the Phone data.As you are logging  into your phone plus dashcam you will have to use Phone data.Is that the problem?

mrgreenway
Blue Screen Again
Views: 177
Message 5 of 8

No. The problem is that while the dashcam connects to the phone successfully, it needs intenet access to enable the dashcam app to load and transmit data. I have internet on the phone, of course, but for some reason it will not work in tandem with the dashcam wi-fi. And yet the connection can be made by using a different phone--as the dashcam dealership demonstrated. So there seems to be some setting on my phone that prevents that final step. I've tried everything bar switching off the Smart Network Switch, which I'm not even sure I have the option of doing.

Just to add: There is no option of turning off the dashcam wi-fi as this breaks the connection with the  phone

Porphyrius
Broadband 3G
Views: 173
Message 6 of 8

@mrgreenway wrote:

No. The problem is that while the dashcam connects to the phone successfully, it needs intenet access to enable the dashcam app to load and transmit data. I have internet on the phone, of course, but for some reason it will not work in tandem with the dashcam wi-fi. And yet the connection can be made by using a different phone--as the dashcam dealership demonstrated. So there seems to be some setting on my phone that prevents that final step. I've tried everything bar switching off the Smart Network Switch, which I'm not even sure I have the option of doing.

Just to add: There is no option of turning off the dashcam wi-fi as this breaks the connection with the  phone

I've got a feeling that Lenovo's limited and doctered versions of Android won't allow it.Although my Moto G3 works for me(I have other better phones)I will never buy another Lenovo implemented phone until they start listening to their customers and allow the full or at stop restricting decent default Android O/S options.

Are you trying to download the footage from the Dashcam to the Phone?

If so it may be better just to use a USB cable if possible and use anothe system like OTG adaptor.

mrgreenway
Blue Screen Again
Views: 171
Message 7 of 8

The dashcam works via the installed app. In order to view live footage or adjust settings one has to be able to access the app via wi-fi/internet connection. This can't happen, of course, without the latter.

I appreciate your taking the time to reply but I think the problem is pretty well unsolvable. I contacted Motorola support and they investigated the problem and gave a long list of steps as possible remedies, none of which worked. I am now at the  point of purchasing an IPhone and giving up trying to fix the issue via my G5+.

You mention that you won't buy another motorola phone until they stop restricting Android/IOS options. The deal-breaker for me is the absence of in-person support. Apple operate a flagship store just miles from my home. It is easy to drop in and discuss issues with a 'genius'. Before buying not one, but two! Motorola phones I considered every feature: build, value for money, user reviews etc. The one option I failed to take into consideration was the accessibility and ease of after-sales support. That is now my biggest single determinant in future phone purchases, hence the IPhone. 

Porphyrius
Broadband 3G
Views: 164
Message 8 of 8

I totally hear what you say.There is nothing inherently wrong with the Phones on the Hardware side.Even my little G3 charges super fast even though it doesn't have the newer,"Fast Charging" chip<Still suspect me> ;-) which tells me it can be good stuff.

There's a serious disconnect between Lenovo,their Android programmers and the public.

Also the T&Cs of this forum prohibit me of giving out valuable and useful information.Another Lenovo limitation.

Fortunately as this is an,"Archived" forum all posts are instantly saved on the Internet forever open to search engines,even if deleted Smiley Very Happy

Top Kudoed Authors