06-05-2018 10:17 AM
Did you find a solution to this issue??? I have the same problem - some texts prompt the download arrow and it may take days for them to load. Dozens of other texts and photos load instantly as normal every day. I did not have this problem when the phone was new a couple of months ago, but for the last 2-3 of weeks this is happening daily with a couple of texts per day.
Unfortunately, we are unable to duplicate the issue, we would like to have more information on this for further investigation. Could you help us understand as, when you receive a text message (to download further) --- do you receive in the default messaging app? If not, which third-party app?
>> Does this happens with any specific user sending you the text? If so, how frequent it is? > Are you able to duplicate the same? If yes, could you share us a video showing the complete process of you ( receiving the text message and you click to download and it loads)?
>> Are you using data or wifi while you see this issue?
Please note that this is more likely the carrier-related, have you tried contacting them? If yes, what did they say? We would still like to investigate this further. We might need more information.
06-05-2018 10:23 AM
I didn't find an answer to this problem. It happens so infrequently that I haven't looked for the answer any longer.
As said earlier, this is more like carrier related and you can get in touch with your carrier in regards to that. However, if you came across this issue-- please capture the Bug report and share us so that, our team can further investigate.
09-11-2018 01:01 PM
This is a thread that I started and several members indicated that they also experienced this same problem. For me the problem is getting much worse. I used to occationally receive a text message that said I needed to download it but now most text messages say this. Below is a link to the bug report you requested when this problem occured again.
I have also added a screen capture image of this problem. On it you can see that one day the texts came through fine and then the next day, on the same conversation, the texts say they must be downloaded.
Now to answer some of the inevitible questions:
1. It happens on and off wifi. I can "sometimes" download the message if I am on my home wifi but I can NEVER download the message if I'm on cell service or even on any other wifi. I don't understand how the problem can be getting worse with time but I used to be able to easily download the message when on my home wifi but now I rarely can.
2. I am on 4G service most of the time where I live and receive text messages.
3. The meaasges that require downloading are not multimedia and, in fact, often are very small messages of just a few words.
4. My wife has a Samsung phone on the same Cricket service as my Moto g5Plus phone and she doesn't have any problems with text messages.
5. I have tried the native messaging app and then tried Facebook Messenger app and the problem is the same.
6. I have this problem with individual and group messages.
09-11-2018 01:08 PM
I need to add this to the post I just sent you:
I have done all the things you list below and I give you permission to look at my apps.
"Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and IMEI number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems."