Did you mean: 
casrs62
What's DOS?
Views: 1,813
Message 21 of 28

Re: Some text messages say they must be downloaded

This is exactly what my phone is doing. 

I have Family Mobile 4G

Most of the issues are with Iphones. So, when my friends or family members sent me a text message, it does this :-O

It's so annoying!!

Kewiman
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,630
Message 22 of 28

I think I may have the answer to this.  I was having this issue with my text messages saying they needed downloaded.  I went to texts messages settings, advanced, and changed group messaging from sms to msm and it seems to be working.

RussGirod
Paper Tape
Views: 1,607
Message 23 of 28

I don't see how to make the setting changes you refer to on my Moto G 5 phone.

RussGirod
Paper Tape
Views: 1,291
Message 24 of 28

This problem is happening again. It isn't nearly as bad after an OS update but it's still a real problem. I sent in a bug report and screenshots but haven't heard from any of the forum experts. Could someone please open this discussion back up?

Albert_Tsang
What's DOS?
Views: 821
Message 25 of 28

Hello,

I think the issue is that sometimes your phone goes on Roaming.  If your phone thinks you are roaming, it will not automatically download the MMS.  There is a setting from the main Messenger App at the top right three dots, Settings, Advanced, Auto-download MMS when Roaming.  This may incur additional charges, and I think this is why it is defaulted to Off.  If your service provider is essentially roaming all the time and does not incur additional charges, you could turn this on, and it will automatically download MMS even when roaming.  

When you have good signal on your home network provider, this would not happen.  

Luvbug83
Paper Tape
Views: 676
Message 26 of 28

T   going to settings, data usage,under mobile make sure Mobile data is clicked on. Somehow during updates I've found this gets unchecked and causes the problems we all are experiencing. You don't have to do a restart but can. Done will pop up instantly while others you have to click the download button again. Thus is usually the cuplrit. 

If not, also try going to the message app, click on the 3 dots,settings, advanced and make sure the group settings are on MMS option as well as the two auto download MMS options (if your plan allows).

Lastly, if you're extremely low in storage the phone stops allowing MMS and large text. You'll need to free up as much space as possible. Biggest space eaters are videos, lots of pictures saved to your phone instead of the Google app/SD card etc, old text messages & vm and pictures in those texts, and of course lots of games. 

Also do system update when it says to, but make a habit when this happens (or once a month to prevent it from happening again) , to at minimum do a clean up & reset, but also go into Settings, system, system update & update your PrL, profile& Motorola software. Why it doesn't always do it during the updates beats me.     

Usually doing these things has either kept me from having the problem or solves it. Hope this helps!

dougschuess
What's DOS?
Views: 82
Message 27 of 28

Your instructions apparently apply to Android 10.  I am on version 9, which has no "about phone" option.  The closest that I see is "system".

dougschuess
What's DOS?
Views: 82
Message 28 of 28

It happens with me also. Just started happening; perhaps after the latest security download.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors