Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
centauri61032
What's DOS?
Views: 731
Message 1 of 7

Sound issues after Oreo upgrade?

Hey all...  (G5 Plus here...)

I just upgraded to Oreo this past weekend, and for the most part all went well. However I do have a couple small issues...

The 'click' sound that I used to get whenever I tapped a key or an icon no longer sounds.

I have verified that it is enabled in the menus. The vibrate works fine. Just not the tap clicks.

Also, I have found that a couple of notification sounde are extrement quiet. They were much louder on Nougat.

I have already done a factory reset and re-installed all the apps. It fixed all of my other issues except these two.

I have noticed that some of the other notification sounds seem to 'ramp up' in volume.

Before the upgrade, they were full volume from the start. Now they seem to be softer at first, and increase over time.

Maybe this is causing my lower notification volume, since these are short sounds? Just guessing on that one.

Anyone, if anyone knows how to get the taps back after Oreo, please let me know.

Thanks!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 673
Message 2 of 7

Re: Sound issues after Oreo upgrade?

@centauri61032 wrote:

Hey all...  (G5 Plus here...)

I just upgraded to Oreo this past weekend, and for the most part all went well. However I do have a couple small issues...

The 'click' sound that I used to get whenever I tapped a key or an icon no longer sounds.

I have verified that it is enabled in the menus. The vibrate works fine. Just not the tap clicks.

Also, I have found that a couple of notification sounde are extrement quiet. They were much louder on Nougat.

I have already done a factory reset and re-installed all the apps. It fixed all of my other issues except these two.

I have noticed that some of the other notification sounds seem to 'ramp up' in volume.

Before the upgrade, they were full volume from the start. Now they seem to be softer at first, and increase over time.

Maybe this is causing my lower notification volume, since these are short sounds? Just guessing on that one.

Anyone, if anyone knows how to get the taps back after Oreo, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi centauri61032,

Thanks for posting, let me try to help you. Regarding the 'Click Sound' Locate settings > Sounds > Advanced > Touch Sound Enable > Make sure the volume is at max. Now you should be able to notice or hear the Click/Touch sound made on every Click/Touch you make. 

However, I have noticed that the volume is low to notice in a loud environment. Hope this helps!

For your other questions of ascending ringtone sound—this is working as expected.

Let us know how it goes or if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

centauri61032
What's DOS?
Views: 644
Message 3 of 7

I already did all of those suggestions before making my post. Didn't help.

I still don't have touch sounds.

centauri61032
What's DOS?
Views: 534
Message 4 of 7

For your other questions of ascending ringtone sound—this is working as expected. "

OK, so tell me how to disable this 'feature'. I'm pretty sure it will solve my issue.

D34DL1N3R
SCSI Port
Views: 397
Message 5 of 7

Oh Motolovo. Stop trying to play it off like some simple lame ass troubleshooting is going to fix the notifications issue after the botched Oreo update. There are PLENTY of posts here with the same exact issue(s). Don't you think people have alrady tried factory reset, the phones built in hardware troubleshooter, uninstallend and reinstalling apps, etc? Do you think we're all highly unintelligent and never thought of those things already?

Built in apps work fine for me. Alarm clock is fine. Phone ring volume is fine. Default txting app notifications are fine, etc. But any and ALL 3rd party apps including but not limited to Facebook, Facebook Messenger, and Yahoo Mail all have near completely silent notifications even when all volume sliders are set to maximum.

Time to fess up. You've ruined peoples phones with your screwed up Oreo release. What are you offering your customers for it? We didn't break them ourselves, your forced Oreo update did. So now we're all just screwed? Nothing yo'll do but some basic troubleshooting? Troubleshooting isn't going to fix something caused from Oreo itself.

When is my new phone going to be sent out? I'll send this (now) junk G5 Plus back to you. Worked just fine before the stupid update.

ScottA1
Punch Card
Views: 345
Message 6 of 7

Same issue, found that after charging or turning off phone have to turn setting off then back on and then works..but volume is still low !! Another new and great feature by developer.

centauri61032
What's DOS?
Views: 341
Message 7 of 7

Yeah, I know what you mean.

I finally was able to fix my sound problems, though.

My new LG phone works MUCH better than this Moto junk!

Top Kudoed Authors