Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shahrukh786
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,672
Message 1 of 12

Speed dial getting auto cleared daily

Hi Team,

From last 1 week i.e. from 1st May I have been noticing that my speed dial is getting cleared automatically on daily basis and I have no idea why this is happening.

This is surely an issue and please let me know what needs to be done to correct this thing.

Thanks

Shahrukh

AmeyD
Token Ring
Views: 2,488
Message 2 of 12

Re: Speed dial getting auto cleared daily

same here!

Its motorola's way of telling you that you need to buy a new phone!

I have started noticing sudden battery life drop too!!

Moto G5 Plus
tjm3
Paper Tape
Views: 2,321
Message 3 of 12

I may have found the problem but if others would try this we can then verify.

Something obviously changed with the phone app. When I make or receive a call it goes into the speed dial panel like it always has done but there's no favorite 'star' in the icon. I think the 'star' was present before this issue popped up. But now, if I tap the the three config dots  in the icon the configuration for that number pops up and across the top are the unfilled 'star' along with the editing functions. Tapping the star fills it in making it a hard favorite, I guess, but the filled in star now shows up in the icon in the favorites list. Apparently,  when the star is present and filled it we have a permanent speed dial entry and it doesn't get the daily clearing treatment any longer. So far, all of my speed dial entries are still there after a couple days.  Need some other users to test this. We'll most likely never pinpoint the change but I suspect it was one of the 'we're gonna help you out' updates.

About the battery life, by the way, I was told that 8.1 handles apps a bit differently when it comes to battery usage.  Those apps need to be re-written to work with the new 8.1 battery policies.  Check 'Settings, Battery' to see which apps are consuming all the battery power and make sure you kill them when not in use.  And notify the author that the app needs an update.

tjm3

tjm3
Paper Tape
Views: 2,406
Message 4 of 12

I may have found the problem but if others would try this we can then verify.

Something obviously changed with the phone app. When I make or receive a call it goes into the speed dial panel like it always has done but there's no favorite 'star' in the icon. I think the 'star' was present before this issue popped up. But now, if I tap the the three config dots  in the icon the configuration for that number pops up and across the top are the unfilled 'star' along with the editing functions. Tapping the star fills it in making it a hard favorite, I guess, but the filled in star now shows up in the icon in the favorites list. Apparently,  when the star is present and filled it we have a permanent speed dial entry and it doesn't get the daily clearing treatment any longer. So far, all of my speed dial entries are still there after a couple days.  Need some other users to test this. We'll most likely never pinpoint the change but I suspect it was one of the 'we're gonna help you out' updates.

About the battery life, by the way, I was told that 8.1 handles apps a bit differently when it comes to battery usage.  Those apps need to be re-written to work with the new 8.1 battery policies.  Check 'Settings, Battery' to see which apps are consuming all the battery power and make sure you kill them when not in use.  And notify the author that the app needs an update.

tjm3

akashpatel26393
Paper Tape
Views: 2,365
Message 5 of 12

Facing the same problem!!

Moto team, please provide the solution asap...

Roopeshk
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,339
Message 6 of 12

@Shahrukh786 wrote:

Hi Team,

From last 1 week i.e. from 1st May I have been noticing that my speed dial is getting cleared automatically on daily basis and I have no idea why this is happening.

This is surely an issue and please let me know what needs to be done to correct this thing.

Thanks

Shahrukh

@Shahrukh786 wrote:

Hi Team,

Thanks

Shahruk

CM4
Punch Card
Views: 2,265
Message 7 of 12

Its very annoying Motorola, not having the favorites on place of favourite call list. Its clearing everyday. Dont know what happens to Motorola. ☹️
Vijay47
Punch Card
Views: 2,142
Message 8 of 12

I have facing same issue last one month that's you have post. No one can listen my concern.

Highlighted
Muneeb1987
What's DOS?
Views: 1,653
Message 9 of 12

Yes. I am also getting the issue after the software update. Moto team should look into the matter asap. Its very annoying. Call history is still there but favourites list is empty

rsscmh
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,147
Message 10 of 12

I think this thread is about the same problem as, this one:

Contacts getting clearing everyday from default dialer app

In that thread I wrote:

I too have been suffering from this issue, an it seemed to start in the middle of May. I have owned G5 for a couple of years, but it never happened before May 2019.  Was there a system update in May that triggered this issue?

In that thread there are 6 users who are reporting the issue, myself included. There are 8 in this thread for a total of 14. That is quite a few and I hope that it will attract some attention from ther Motorola engineers.

Top Kudoed Authors