Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Loonylamb
Paper Tape
Views: 114
Message 1 of 2

Storage

I have a G5 and have not been able to install the new update as imI running low on space, I have an SD card installed.

I went to settings and opened up the storage section to see if I could delete or migrate data to free up some space. I clicked on the button at the top right corner (3 dots) which gave me the option to migrate data. I clicked on that and it started, however it stopped without completing as it said it couldn't complete the task and now my internal storage has jumped from 5gig to almost 10 gig. How do I sort this.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 47
Message 2 of 2

Re: Storage

Hi  Loonylamb,

Thanks for posting and for the screenshot. This is interesting. I'd like to confirm, have you checked how much space did your files/apps use the phone's internal memory? If it's more than 5 GB and your SD card has only 5 GB left then it will most likely not complete the transfer. Also, you can see your SD card on the File Manager (Tap the 3 horizontal lines > External Storage). You would see there the files you successfully transfered from Internal to SD card. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors