18 Signins

348 Page Views

• Views: 348
  • Message 1 of 5

Sync Problem with Outlook.com Contacts

2018-03-14, 10:40 AM

Hi.

I am an Outlook.com user.

I sync contacts to my device via Exchange.

When I enter a birthday in a contact and save it, the contact is synchronized and displayed on the People page.

What is interesting is that, unlike the contacts added from the People webpage, it is not displayed on the Contacts tab but is displayed on the All tab.

In addition, the birthday of the contact added from the web is automatically reflected in the Outlook.com calendar, but the one added from the device's built-in app did not be displayed in there.

If I edit the birthday of a contact added from the device on the web, it appears as normal in Calendar.

I have exchanged emails with the Outlook.com Research Team more than a dozen times, but they have only asked me to contact the manufacturer, saying their servers are functioning normally.

How could I solve this problem?

Options

10984 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1136 Signins

154175 Page Views

• Views: 154175
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Sync Problem with Outlook.com Contacts

2018-03-15, 12:55 PM

Hi est38132,

Thanks for posting. We're trying to replicate what you were doing with the calendar. Would you mind to send us a screenshot so we can better assist you? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

12 Posts

11-14-2017

KR

18 Signins

348 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2018-03-18, 20:47 PM

Hi.

I'll explain you with screenshots attached.

As shown in Figure 1, I added a test contact to my Exchange account in my device's default Contacts app.

Birthday was also entered.

Figure 2 is the screen of the web page of Outlook.com that I checked in the desktop environment.

As you can see, the contact was synchronized.

Figure 3 shows the Calendar page on Outlook.com.

There is no birthday on the screen because I erased other birthdays, but when I add a contact on the People page of Outlook.com like Figure 2, the birthday of the contact is normally displayed in Calendar.

However, the Calendar does not show the birthday of "phone test".

I edited the synced contact on the screen in Figure 2. I entered the birthday again.
Then, the birthday is normally displayed in Calendar as shown in Figure 4.

In addition, in Figure 2, there are All, Favorite, Contacts, and Contact lists tabs on the left side of the screen.

The contacts added from the web pages are displayed in the list of Contacts tab.

However, the contacts added from the device only appear in the list on the All tab, not on the Contacts tab.

Another issue is that when I add a contact to the Exchange account on my device's Contacts app, the group information I can choose is not the same as the list on the Contact lists tab in Figure 2.

Options

19232 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2362 Signins

58302 Page Views

• Views: 58302
  • Message 4 of 5

2018-03-20, 14:32 PM

Thanks for this. A little complicated but I think we understand.

I think one big issue is that so many of these services are customized and change from user to user. I use Outlook through the app, which is entirely different. I can't even add to my People list from the phone; it has to be done from the desktop. We set up another via Google and it was similar to what you show but not exactly the same -- and the birthday didn't sync there either.

As for the Contacts vs. All question. I think that is standard for Outlook. I have access to a company directory (All) but only the people I add to my Contacts list are synced down to my phone. 

We're going to look at this a bit more, but we may need to have more on exactly you set up your account, step-by-step, to truly test what you have reported.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

12 Posts

11-14-2017

KR

18 Signins

348 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2018-03-21, 22:04 PM

Hi, Matt.

Thank you for your reply.

I will explain the steps I set up on my device for my account.

In the device's Settings app, enter Accounts.

Click Add account and choose Exchange from the list of account types. Note that it has Gmail icon.

Enter an e-mail address and enter MANUAL SETUP.

The settings I used are:

Server// eas.outlook.com

Port// 443

Security type// SSL/TLS

There is nothing special.

I hope you have a hint to solve the problem.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete