Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ghost24
What's DOS?
Views: 7,863
Message 1 of 8

Time lapse videos

Hi, I just got my Moto g5 plus, was checking out the camera app and could not find any option to shoot time lapse videos, is this supported on this phone?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 7,856
Message 2 of 8

Re: Time lapse videos

@ghost24 wrote:

Hi, I just got my Moto g5 plus, was checking out the camera app and could not find any option to shoot time lapse videos, is this supported on this phone?

The only special video feature i know of on any Moto phone is slow motion. 

Time lapse video is just a series of pictures spaced a certain amount apart. Depending on the subject it could be seconds, minutes, hours or days between pictures and would require a stand of some kind - probably not the best use for a cell phone. 

I know there are 3rd party apps in the play store that can do this. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
MasonMaeder
What's DOS?
Views: 3,631
Message 3 of 8

Time lapse video is something that I used to love doing with my iPhone, and I think it is a great feature to have on your phone. Whether you are recording a sunset or a plane ride, time lapse videos are a great way to get a long memory shown quickly. This feature seems pretty basic, I have never owned a phone (or any mobile device) that doesn't have a built in time lapse feature. That is more basic than slow mo. Third party apps take up space and are never as good as factory building in features.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,628
Message 4 of 8

@MasonMaederwrote:

Time lapse video is something that I used to love doing with my iPhone, and I think it is a great feature to have on your phone. Whether you are recording a sunset or a plane ride, time lapse videos are a great way to get a long memory shown quickly. This feature seems pretty basic, I have never owned a phone (or any mobile device) that doesn't have a built in time lapse feature. That is more basic than slow mo. Third party apps take up space and are never as good as factory building in features.

I wonder why so many 3rd party apps are so popular? Music and video player apps are bettter then anything offered by manufacturer. There are some better camera apps too. 

You should try some, it sounds like you are not trying the good ones. 

As for space, an app takes up the room of a few photos. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
StarlordHarsh
SCSI Port
Views: 689
Message 5 of 8

@AlphaDog wrote:

@ghost24wrote:

Time lapse video is just a series of pictures spaced a certain amount apart. Depending on the subject it could be seconds, minutes, hours or days between pictures and would require a stand of some kind - probably not the best use for a cell phone. 

*The only special video feature i know of on any Moto phone is slow motion. *

So tell me one thing why did Moto One Power didnt get that special thing. Dont give me timelapse feature its acceptable(we can take a little load of downloading any extra 3rd party app and  then switching my camera and then recording it (or just buying new phone like Nokia with the power of Android One)) but the slowmo thing cant happen with a 3rd party app, the slow mo achieved by 3rd party is just laggy. 
Provide me a solution, I will be more than happy to let go.

StarlordHarsh
SCSI Port
Views: 475
Message 6 of 8

@AlphaDog wrote:

@ghost24wrote:

Hey, admin i didnt get a reply ? Are you listening ??

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 473
Message 7 of 8

@StarlordHarsh wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

@ghost24wrote:

Yes, listening, nothing new to add. 

StarlordHarsh
SCSI Port
Views: 469
Message 8 of 8

@AlphaDog wrote:

@StarlordHarsh wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

@ghost24wrote:

Yes, listening, nothing new to add. 

So is there any reason why Moto one Power miss out the special feature of any Moto phone.

No timelapse it is acceptable, I agree that timelapse can be achieved by 3rd party software.

But what about slow mo ? It can't be done by 3rd party or of achieved its just laggy and below average quality.

Any reason ?

Top Kudoed Authors