Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MajorFoley
Punch Card
Views: 470
Message 1 of 5

Transferring photos between devices

Hi guys, my Motog5 is getting a bit full due to a bunch of photos and some media files. My question is if i move my photos to an SD card or to a PC then put it back on the phone is it going to mess up the order i took the photos to begin with?

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 447
Message 2 of 5

Re: Transferring photos between devices

@MajorFoley wrote:

Hi guys, my Motog5 is getting a bit full due to a bunch of photos and some media files. My question is if i move my photos to an SD card or to a PC then put it back on the phone is it going to mess up the order i took the photos to begin with?

Good question.Never thought about this and I move photos a lot.I cannot remember having a problem.This post might help with saving space,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Can-t-save-photos-to-SD-card-or-free-up-space-by-d...

In my Galelry app you can view by Time or group event.

Also I use a File manger caleld,"Total Commander" and can go into my DCIM photos folder and choose to view by date/size/name etc.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

MajorFoley
Punch Card
Views: 381
Message 3 of 5

@Porphyrius wrote:

@MajorFoley wrote:

Good question.Never thought about this and I move photos a lot.I cannot remember having a problem.This post might help with saving space,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Can-t-save-photos-to-SD-card-or-free-up-space-by-d...

In my Galelry app you can view by Time or group event.

Also I use a File manger caleld,"Total Commander" and can go into my DCIM photos folder and choose to view by date/size/name etc.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Well... My moto G5 right now isn't connected to any Gmail account Smiley Happy I was just going to do it the PC way, standard select all photos and copy them to SD card and I'm just a little worried the photos might end up mixing or go in reverse because i like my photos in the order I've taken them

MajorFoley
Punch Card
Views: 85
Message 4 of 5

Anyone else done this? small bump
MajorFoley
Punch Card
Views: 27
Message 5 of 5

Ok so i did a test with about 5 pictures and then with a few more but it pretty much works like this
Connected via USB to your PC

Using the 5 nintendo case files
Make sure when selecting stuff right click copy on first file and it should be in order you took photos

If you do ctrl + c after using shift click on the photos you want it will always copy last photo first then start from the start. However you can use this method as long as you go back to the first photo and right click and copy from there.
early test shows they keep dates too but need to try with more.

so photo order at least with the Moto g5 shouldn't be messed up that includes when looking on the google photo app. Not too sure with screenshots and such though as i dont know how google photos separates the
Top Kudoed Authors