Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,695
Message 21 of 30

Re: USB CONNECTION PROBLEM

@ajayinagl wrote:

This is also not working for me, I have to restart each time when ever I want to connect it with my PC. I don't know why. My friend has also the same problem, I guess this phone has this demerit. can we upgrade to latest version which will have this feature solved.

Hi ajayinagl,

nightfly44
What's DOS?
Views: 1,339
Message 22 of 30

This is also not working for me, I have a moto E5 play. It's only two months old, and I've never been able to get it to reliably charge on any computer. I've installed the moto drivers, changed my usb drivers, nothing works. Sometimes it will charge for an hour, and then stop charging and turn it's charging off, and start discharging while still connected. It only reliably charges with it's own charger; no other charger will do. 

This is BS. My moto x charges everywhere, even with no moto special drivers. My GF's iphone charges fine. It's only the moto e5play's not working right. THis is definitely a problem with the phone, not the computers. System updated to ODP26.91-121 on sept 21 2018 with no help. This is crap. I don't need to be carrying a special charger and wire around with me just because the company wants me to buy extra accessories, which is what this appears to be. If this isn't fixed soon, this will be the last motorola device I buy. There's no point in buying something that the company refuses to support. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,330
Message 23 of 30

@nightfly44 wrote:

This is also not working for me, I have a moto E5 play. It's only two months old, and I've never been able to get it to reliably charge on any computer. I've installed the moto drivers, changed my usb drivers, nothing works. Sometimes it will charge for an hour, and then stop charging and turn it's charging off, and start discharging while still connected. It only reliably charges with it's own charger; no other charger will do. 

This is BS. My moto x charges everywhere, even with no moto special drivers. My GF's iphone charges fine. It's only the moto e5play's not working right. THis is definitely a problem with the phone, not the computers. System updated to ODP26.91-121 on sept 21 2018 with no help. This is crap. I don't need to be carrying a special charger and wire around with me just because the company wants me to buy extra accessories, which is what this appears to be. If this isn't fixed soon, this will be the last motorola device I buy. There's no point in buying something that the company refuses to support. 

This thread is more about data transfer. USB charging requires no drivers. If you have tried different cables and computers, you may have a hardware issue with your phone .have you checked into service?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Krishna81
Paper Tape
Views: 1,114
Message 24 of 30

Same is the problem with me. Moto phones are worst ones. Never buy these  phones. No USB options only charging happening. How transfer photos videos to a Lap or PC ?????

<edited for profanity>

emver
Paper Tape
Views: 1,025
Message 25 of 30

This is exactly the same as my problem. I just spent an hour talking to Lenovo web chat but without success. I'm think of buying a different phone instead.

MEF196
What's DOS?
Views: 961
Message 26 of 30

I'm having the same issue with a new Moto e5 cruise. It has Android 8.0.0 software. I downloaded the USB driver (MotorolaDeviceManager_2.5.4.exe) for Windows (10) from the Motorola website. I've tried 2 full-function cables, on 2 PC's. The phone doesn't recognize the PC, nor is there any USB charge-or-not option. My (fully-updated) Windows 10 PC sees something, as within "Other Devices" it shows: "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Driver Error"

I think something is wrong with the Motorola USB driver. Please review.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 950
Message 27 of 30

@MEF196 wrote:

I'm having the same issue with a new Moto e5 cruise. It has Android 8.0.0 software. I downloaded the USB driver (MotorolaDeviceManager_2.5.4.exe) for Windows (10) from the Motorola website. I've tried 2 full-function cables, on 2 PC's. The phone doesn't recognize the PC, nor is there any USB charge-or-not option. My (fully-updated) Windows 10 PC sees something, as within "Other Devices" it shows: "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Driver Error"

I think something is wrong with the Motorola USB driver. Please review.

There should not be any drivers needed or they should be from Microsoft. 

See this other thread for suggestions

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-E-3rd-Gen/MTP-File-Transfer/m-p/3649239/highlight/false#M1260

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
MEF196
What's DOS?
Views: 932
Message 28 of 30

Yes, that other thread (finally!) helped solve the problem. The most relevant stuff:

2. You need to locate the MTP.inf file and manually (re-?) install it. 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/solved-mtp-not-working-on-wind...

3. Microsoft released a patch a few weeks ago that broke MTP. It was automatic on windows 10 - maybe automatic on other os depending on settings. https://betanews.com/2017/03/10/microsoft-admits-mistake-pulls-problematic-windows-10-driver/

Alex354
Blue Screen Again
Views: 83
Message 29 of 30

Yo también tengo ese problema pero mi equipo es un moto x4 xt1900-4
Fora
What's DOS?
Views: 80
Message 30 of 30

It's really great...