Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Wiggi5
Paper Tape
Views: 33,061
Message 1 of 29

USB notification not showing anymore when connected to PC via USB Cable

Hi everybody.

I transferred music files from pc to my moto 5g plus a couple of times a few weeks ago, however, it's not working anymore.

No "USB" notification is showing anymore when I connect the phone to my PC.

I tried different USB cables.

The phone starts charging when connected to PC via USB.

I couldn't find anything here in the forum.

First I thought it may have to do with my Kaspersky Security Software which I recently installed but after uninstalling it still no USB notification.

I have no idea whatelse to try.

Is there anywhere a setting regarding USB that I might have changed by accident?

I looked for something like that but didn't find anything.

Thanks a lot!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 33,092
Message 2 of 29

Re: USB notification not showing anymore when connected to PC via USB Cable

Hi Wiggi5,

Please follow the mentioned steps below  and let us know if this helps 

Go to settings then go completely down, click on About Phone or Phone Info>> Build no>>click on it 7 times

then click back and second last option will be developer options.enter it and turn it on from top left or right corner.

Go a little bit down and search for USB Debugging and turn it on.

Thanks

Sandip

Wiggi5
Paper Tape
Views: 32,900
Message 3 of 29

Hi Sandip.

Thank you for the instructions.

I have read about the debugging mode here in the forum but was not able to find it previously without any instructions on how to get there.

Anyway, I did as instructed by you and turned the USB debugging mode on.

At first it did not help but after using a different USB port the notification appeared and the PC recognized the phone.

After pluggin the phone back into the first USB port I tried, the notification appeared again and the PC again recognized the phone.

Problem solved !

Thank you very much, Sandip.

PierGi
What's DOS?
Views: 32,276
Message 4 of 29

Hi Sandip,

I've got the same problem...

Thanks for the tip, but it doesn't work for me... I tried to set the option "SelectUSB configuration" to MTP in developpers menu, but it doesn"t work either...

(I'm in a French configuration... not english)

Smiley Sad

Pierre

cloudsam
Paper Tape
Views: 30,072
Message 5 of 29

I have the same problem on a G4 Plus. Turned on USB Debugging with no change. Checked cables with another phone and they worked fine. What are the options?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 30,035
Message 6 of 29

@cloudsam wrote:
I have the same problem on a G4 Plus. Turned on USB Debugging with no change. Checked cables with another phone and they worked fine. What are the options?

Sorry to hear about this, Can you please try above-mentioned steps and see if that helps.

Thanks

Sandip

cloudsam
Paper Tape
Views: 30,005
Message 7 of 29

I turned on USB Debugging before posting, with no result. I tried swiping down again today and this time I got a new notification that USB Debugging was on. This notification had never appeared before. I tapped on it and it took me to Developer Options, where I saw the USB Debugging switch on, which I left on. I cleared notifications and swiped down again. This time, in addition to the USB Debugging notice, I got I got the USB transfer menu I had been looking for. I tapped USB for transfer and went to the computer. The phone drive F: appeared, but showed the folder as empty. I then disconnected and reconnected the cable and swiped down again. This time the phone charges, but neither the USB Debugging nor the USB transfer drop down menu appears, and on the computer Disk F: for the phone still indicates an empty folder. What do I do now?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 29,924
Message 8 of 29

@cloudsam wrote:

I turned on USB Debugging before posting, with no result. I tried swiping down again today and this time I got a new notification that USB Debugging was on. This notification had never appeared before. I tapped on it and it took me to Developer Options, where I saw the USB Debugging switch on, which I left on. I cleared notifications and swiped down again. This time, in addition to the USB Debugging notice, I got I got the USB transfer menu I had been looking for. I tapped USB for transfer and went to the computer. The phone drive F: appeared, but showed the folder as empty. I then disconnected and reconnected the cable and swiped down again. This time the phone charges, but neither the USB Debugging nor the USB transfer drop down menu appears, and on the computer Disk F: for the phone still indicates an empty folder. What do I do now?

Sorry to hear about this, can you please try USB cables, also try to check the same with any other computer.also please reset the app's preferences and let us know if this works.

Thanks

Sandip

cloudsam
Paper Tape
Views: 29,840
Message 9 of 29

Sandip, I have tested various cables, but none work. I have tried my phone on another computer. No change. I tested the cable on another Motorola phone -- no problem. The USB message appears. Which app should I reset?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 29,752
Message 10 of 29

wrote:

Sandip, I have tested various cables, but none work. I have tried my phone on another computer. No change. I tested the cable on another Motorola phone -- no problem. The USB message appears. Which app should I reset?

Hi

Thanks for trying, Can you test in safe mode and let me know if it behaves the same? Safe mode will start the device without third-party applications running, To boot into Safe mode, press the physical power key, touch and hold Power off, touch OK when Reboot to Safe mode appears. And to Reset the app's preferences Settings>> Apps>>  beside to the gear icon you can find three vertical dots >>  Reset app preference and try again.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support  

Top Kudoed Authors