cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 527
Message 21 of 26

Re: My Moto G5 Plus is no longer connecting to/even being recognized by my computer

Hi AzAssassin,

Welcome to the community. It's odd that your computer suddenly does not recognize your phone anymore. We are ready to help here. Please test in safe mode. Safe mode starts the device without any 3rd party applications being started. If the issue does not remain in safe mode, this indicates a third party application installed from the Play Store is likely causing the problem. To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

AzAssassin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 482
Message 22 of 26

Re: My Moto G5 Plus is no longer connecting to/even being recognized by my computer

Hi, Agent_JM. And thanks for replying to my post.

I have tried what you suggested (testing my phone in Safe Mode), but, unfortunately, my phone is still having the issue and it will not TurboCharge and will not be recognized by my computer.

I was able to move my photos and downloads from my G5 Plus over to my computer, by inserting a MicroSD card in to my phone and then moving the files to the card; which helped me to be able to save my photos from my phone, but it did not solve the issue with my phone being detected by my computer's USB ports.

Also, my phone will still not TurboCharge, despite trying several things. I've tried using multiple QC chargers (including the OEM Motorola TurboCharger that came in the box with my phone), as well as an Aukey QC wall charger and a RAVPower QC car charger (both of which worked in the past, and will still work to TurboCharge my Moto G4 phone), but none of them will now TurboCharge my Moto G5 Plus.

I also tried recalibrating the battery (based on the directions I found on another thread on here), but that did not help, either.

So, there's definitely a problem with my Moto G5 Plus that is causing this issue, but I have no idea what it actually is, nor what caused it.

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, please let me know. I would really appreciate it!

P.S. I am not in a position to spend another $300 or more on a phone right now, otherwise, I would just buy a new phone. I'm curious, though, are you guys going to be having any deals or sales on the Moto G5S Plus any time soon?

I am of the impression that the G5S Plus is the only direct upgrade to the G5 Plus, so that's what I had thought about trying to buy, but it's still a little too expensive for my budget these days. And it looks like the Moto G6 is not really an upgrade to the Moto G5 Plus, so I will probably start looking to buy a phone from a different company, since these seems to be no way to fix the problem with my Moto G5 Plus.

Either way, thanks for your time. I sincerely appreciate your help.

- AzAssassin, a.k.a. BillyJackAz, a.k.a. ArizonaAssassin
Sarahellen1081
Paper Tape
Views: 453
Message 23 of 26

Hi. I'm having the same problem enabled developer mode to report bug, if there is patch or solution how will I be notified and how will it be fixed this is obvious software error. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r9izMVRuKMpRce9mxmBviNa6SSB99U9g/view?usp=drivesdk
choas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 108
Message 24 of 26

Re: USB notification not showing anymore when connected to PC via USB Cable

By using Android Assistant software,you can connect your device to computer via WIFI.

Keerthu_1123
What's DOS?
Views: 77
Message 25 of 26

Thanks for ur solution. I tried it not working can u help me in another way.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 41
Message 26 of 26

@Keerthu_1123 wrote:

Thanks for ur solution. I tried it not working can u help me in another way.

Hi Keerthu_1123,

Have you tried to check to enable the developer options and see if that helps?

Thanks
Sandip

Top Kudoed Authors