Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jashn
What's DOS?
Views: 274
Message 1 of 6

Unable to make calls over Wi-Fi" notification always there

I didn't always see this since upgrading to Oreo but I think it's been a couple weeks. I can't hide these notifications and they're always there whether I'm on LTE or Wi-Fi (any network). I managed to get one of them to go away by disabling Wi-Fi calling but I have a work profile and I still see that notification.

Anyone else getting this?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 137
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to make calls over Wi-Fi" notification always there

Hi jashn,

Welcome to the community. We are always ready to help here. We'd like to clarify some points. Are you actually using wifi calling? If you turn wifi calling completely off, are you still getting the same notifications? Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone as well as your carrier? If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

GRGuy
Paper Tape
Views: 121
Message 3 of 6

I'm hoping Moto support is actually monitoring these feeds. There's a "solved" one on the same issue that continues to have new postings up through yesterday. The problem of the phones dropping wifi calling and showing an error messge appears to cross T-mobile (direct or through Consumer Cellular or other resellers) and AT&T (also at least through Consumer Cellular as reseller), and it clearly has not been solved. Rebooting the phone 3-4x a day is not a "solution".  Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 96
Message 4 of 6

@GRGuy wrote:

I'm hoping Moto support is actually monitoring these feeds. There's a "solved" one on the same issue that continues to have new postings up through yesterday. The problem of the phones dropping wifi calling and showing an error messge appears to cross T-mobile (direct or through Consumer Cellular or other resellers) and AT&T (also at least through Consumer Cellular as reseller), and it clearly has not been solved. Rebooting the phone 3-4x a day is not a "solution".  Thanks.

To assist you further, please answer the questions above. And also, update your IMEI as instructed.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums

GRGuy
Paper Tape
Views: 53
Message 5 of 6

Hello, per your requests:

1) Are you actually using wifi calling? YES (I have used wifi calling in airplane mode before, thus no direct carrier OTA signal).

2) If you turn wifi calling completely off, are you still getting the same notifications? NO (turned it off 24 hours ago, no notice since then).

3) Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone as well as your carrier?   DONE.  See my profile. While my carrier is Consumer Cellular, I have the T-Mobile version SIM card from CC (they resell both AT&T and T-Mobile GSM service). The profile doesn't allow me to distinguish between the CC (AT&T version) vs. the CC (T-Mobile version).

George

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 38
Message 6 of 6

@GRGuy wrote:

Hello, per your requests:

1) Are you actually using wifi calling? YES (I have used wifi calling in airplane mode before, thus no direct carrier OTA signal).

2) If you turn wifi calling completely off, are you still getting the same notifications? NO (turned it off 24 hours ago, no notice since then).

3) Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone as well as your carrier?   DONE.  See my profile. While my carrier is Consumer Cellular, I have the T-Mobile version SIM card from CC (they resell both AT&T and T-Mobile GSM service). The profile doesn't allow me to distinguish between the CC (AT&T version) vs. the CC (T-Mobile version).

George

Thanks for the additional information. We'll escalate this to our Product team for further assistance.

-Daisy

Top Kudoed Authors