Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

26 Posts

08-07-2015

India

41 Signins

479 Page Views

  • Posts: 26
  • Registered: ‎08-07-2015
  • Location: India
  • Views: 479
  • Message 1 of 12

Unable to register my Moto G5 Plus into "My Stuff"

2018-01-26, 17:40 PM

Hello,

I'm unable to add my moto g5 plus into my stuff!!

Everytime if enter imei number it shows invalid imei & if I enter serial number it shows : unable to  retrieve information!!

This problem persisted from long time! I'm not able to opt into MFN

Reply
Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

  • Posts: 5996
  • Registered: ‎12-04-2017
  • Location: India
  • Views: 77328
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Unable to register my Moto G5 Plus into "My Stuff"

2018-01-29, 17:03 PM

**bleep**h wrote:

Hello,

I'm unable to add my moto g5 plus into my stuff!!

Everytime if enter imei number it shows invalid imei & if I enter serial number it shows : unable to  retrieve information!!

This problem persisted from long time! I'm not able to opt into MFN


Hi, Har**bleep**h.

 

Have you tried it on US Motorola website? Let us know if you are able to register? If not, please share us more information via PM of your device IMEI/current Software version/let us know if it shows any error.

 

Thanks,

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Reply
Options

50 Posts

01-17-2015

India

124 Signins

1378 Page Views

  • Posts: 50
  • Registered: ‎01-17-2015
  • Location: India
  • Views: 1378
  • Message 3 of 12

Re: Unable to register my Moto G5 Plus into "My Stuff"

2018-02-08, 12:52 PM

I'm also seeing this issue, I tried to add my Moto G5S plus in "My Stuff" using both IMEI and serial number singly and it says this "Unable to retrieve device information. Please confirm your IMEI/MEID or serial number and try again." I cannot tell if that was a Motorola US website or India. This is the link "https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/my_devices/#", seems like a global website. I had this exact same problem with my previous Moto phone (E3 Power) and someone from moto in the forum said at that time that there is currently no way to add Moto E3 Power in My Stuff. Is this also the case with Moto G5s Plus or am I missing something? How can I join MFN if I cannot register my device in "My stuff"?

 

Edit: When I try to add using IMEI it says something little different "An error occurred retrieving your information. Please confirm and try again."

Reply
Options

26 Posts

08-07-2015

India

41 Signins

479 Page Views

  • Posts: 26
  • Registered: ‎08-07-2015
  • Location: India
  • Views: 479
  • Message 4 of 12

Re: Unable to register my Moto G5 Plus into "My Stuff"

2018-02-08, 14:44 PM

I've tried to register on motorola.com(US), but I'm from India 

Reply
Options

26 Posts

08-07-2015

India

41 Signins

479 Page Views

  • Posts: 26
  • Registered: ‎08-07-2015
  • Location: India
  • Views: 479
  • Message 5 of 12

Re: Unable to register my Moto G5 Plus into "My Stuff"

2018-02-08, 14:51 PM

Reply
Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

  • Posts: 5996
  • Registered: ‎12-04-2017
  • Location: India
  • Views: 77328
  • Message 6 of 12

Re: Unable to register my Moto G5 Plus into "My Stuff"

2018-02-09, 9:08 AM

wrote:

I'm also seeing this issue, I tried to add my Moto G5S plus in "My Stuff" using both IMEI and serial number singly and it says this "Unable to retrieve device information. Please confirm your IMEI/MEID or serial number and try again." I cannot tell if that was a Motorola US website or India. This is the link "https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/my_devices/#", seems like a global website. I had this exact same problem with my previous Moto phone (E3 Power) and someone from moto in the forum said at that time that there is currently no way to add Moto E3 Power in My Stuff. Is this also the case with Moto G5s Plus or am I missing something? How can I join MFN if I cannot register my device in "My stuff"?

 

Edit: When I try to add using IMEI it says something little different "An error occurred retrieving your information. Please confirm and try again."


Sorry to hear about that, can you try to update the same on the provided link. Please click here for My Stuff. Try with your serial number/IMEI numbers - please let us know how it goes?

 

If you are unable to register, then please share us more information via PM - Private message: this will helps us evaluate further.

  • Name:
  • Location
  • IMEI details both
  • Current software version 
  • Screenshots/pictures of the error message you have tried?

Here are the steps on how to send a Private Message https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs-Knowledge-Base/How-to-send-a-private-message/ta-p/345685

 

-Let us know if this helps?

 

Thanks,

Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Reply
Options

5996 Posts

12-04-2017

India

1170 Signins

77328 Page Views

  • Posts: 5996
  • Registered: ‎12-04-2017
  • Location: India
  • Views: 77328
  • Message 7 of 12

Re: Unable to register my Moto G5 Plus into "My Stuff"

2018-02-09, 9:10 AM

**bleep**h wrote:

I've tried to register on motorola.com(US), but I'm from India 


Let me know if you have tried this here? Please reboot your device and let us know how it goes?

 

If you are unable to register, then please share us more information via PM - Private message: this will helps us evaluate further.

  • Name:

  • Location

  • IMEI details both

  • Current software version 

  • Screenshots/pictures of the error message you have tried?

Here are the steps on how to send a Private Message https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQs-Knowledge-Base/How-to-send-a-private-message/ta-p/345685

 

-Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Reply
Options

50 Posts

01-17-2015

India

124 Signins

1378 Page Views

  • Posts: 50
  • Registered: ‎01-17-2015
  • Location: India
  • Views: 1378
  • Message 8 of 12

Re: Unable to register my Moto G5 Plus into "My Stuff"

2018-02-09, 9:21 AM
I'm still getting this error "Unable to retrieve device information. Please confirm your IMEI/MEID or serial number and try again." Now tell me what should I do?
Reply
Options

2 Posts

02-28-2018

United States of America

19 Signins

257 Page Views

  • Posts: 2
  • Registered: ‎02-28-2018
  • Location: United States of America
  • Views: 257
  • Message 9 of 12

Re: Unable to register my Moto G5 Plus into "My Stuff"

2018-03-04, 17:52 PM

Try switching to desktop mode. I had the same problems, I couldn't register my phone and was getting an error. This was a few days ago. I've had the Moto G5 Plus for a week now(Coming from a Moto Nexus 6).  Today, I gave it another shot. Same error. So I thought of trying to register in desktop mode site. It worked no issues! I used Chrome to register. You can easily switch to desktop in browser settings(3 dots upper right corner in Chrome).

Hope this helps you out!

Reply
Options

50 Posts

01-17-2015

India

124 Signins

1378 Page Views

  • Posts: 50
  • Registered: ‎01-17-2015
  • Location: India
  • Views: 1378
  • Message 10 of 12

Re: Unable to register my Moto G5 Plus into "My Stuff"

2018-03-04, 18:56 PM

wrote:

Try switching to desktop mode. I had the same problems, I couldn't register my phone and was getting an error. This was a few days ago. I've had the Moto G5 Plus for a week now(Coming from a Moto Nexus 6).  Today, I gave it another shot. Same error. So I thought of trying to register in desktop mode site. It worked no issues! I used Chrome to register. You can easily switch to desktop in browser settings(3 dots upper right corner in Chrome).

Hope this helps you out!


Actually I was trying this out from my PC only but was unable to add my device no matter what. After seeing your reply, I thought let just try once again and this time as well it didn't work. Then I noticed on the top right corner that the language was set to English-US (strange, because I have never noticed that before), I changed it to English-India and tried once again. It worked! My device is now successfully added to my stuff.

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms