Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cerridwen33
Serial Port
Views: 4,801
Message 1 of 5

Uninstalling updates

I updated some apps that came with the phone, and I didn't like the new version. Is there a way to go back to previous version? I.e the clock, previous version had a blue background and after update is black. This is easily done in other brands...

Also, I had to perform a factory reset for this reason:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Amount-of-memory-used-varies-on-its-own/td-p/38949...

Now apps I installed mysef but didn't want to update because I don't use them much are updated and I don't want to uninstall them completely, only going back one version or two.

Is there a way to do this? Please help! 

sdzshn3
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,770
Message 2 of 5

Re: Uninstalling updates

Goto settings > apps > (select app) > click on disable. Now it will ask to uninstall updates. Click yes > Again enable.

Now you will have the old version which the version originally came with phone.

Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
Cerridwen33
Serial Port
Views: 4,682
Message 3 of 5

Solved! One more thing...

I finally could downgrade several apps, thanks for your help! 

Next thing I did is disable the Google Ok search bar at the top of home screen, rebooted, and now I am stuck with a blank bar that only says 'search'. It is a widget, so supposedly I should long press and drag to remove. But it is totally irresponsive. 

I have read that Nova Launcher helps you with that, but I'm not keen on installing more apps. Is there also some roundabout way to do this? Or should I post this in a different thread?

Thanks in advance.

sdzshn3
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,680
Message 4 of 5

Re: Solved! One more thing...

The default launcher doesn't allow the Google search widget to remove. There are no roundabouts other than installing 3rd party launchers.

Thanks to confirming that my above solution worked for you.

Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
gothicqueen
What's DOS?
Views: 579
Message 5 of 5

Re: Uninstalling updates

how do i uninstall phone updates does it work the same way

Top Kudoed Authors