Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bennor3814
Token Ring
Views: 3,645
Message 1 of 24

Verizon Visual Voice Mail App not supported Moto G5 Plus 8.1

Since the update to Android 8.1 my G5 Plus Visual Voice Mail app no longer works. Says its not supported on this device. Using a Moto G5 Plus on a Verizon MVNO. Is there a workaround to this issue or is this a carrier (Verizon Wireless) issue?

xaYMVDZ

6shlYDV

bennor3814
Token Ring
Views: 3,564
Message 2 of 24

Re: Verizon Visual Voice Mail App not supported Moto G5 Plus 8.1

Well learn something new ever day. Smiley LOL There is an embedded voice mail feature in the Phone app on Android 8.x. Removed the VZW Visual Voice Mail app then enabled the voice mail app under the Phone app.

bjEb4YG

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,542
Message 3 of 24

@bennor3814 wrote:

Since the update to Android 8.1 my G5 Plus Visual Voice Mail app no longer works. Says its not supported on this device. Using a Moto G5 Plus on a Verizon MVNO. Is there a workaround to this issue or is this a carrier (Verizon Wireless) issue?

xaYMVDZ

6shlYDV

Hi bennor3814,

Greetings from Motorola,

Thank you for writing here. We are glad that you got the solution. We appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience and encourage you to let us know if you have any additional feedback on this and other features. 

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Joelsol
Paper Tape
Views: 3,179
Message 4 of 24

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. There is no option for toggling on visual voice mail within the phone app. What now?

Screenshot_20181127-090516.png

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,171
Message 5 of 24

@Joelsol wrote:

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. There is no option for toggling on visual voice mail within the phone app. What now?

Screenshot_20181127-090516.png

Hi Joelsol,

Welcome to Forums,

This is to update you that Voicemail option is completely oriented to the service provider. Hence, we request you to check with the carrier services. If the carrier is supporting the Voicemail resources then we could look into it. 

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Joelsol
Paper Tape
Views: 3,169
Message 6 of 24

I'm on Verizon. I have the Visual Voicemail App like the poster above, but after the 8.1.0 update, the app is giving me the same error as the poster above. I checked my Verizon account online and Visual Voicemail is toggled on. By the way, the Verizon Visual Voicemail app is no longer available in the Play Store. I'm left with no option but to call myself and enter my PIN everytime I get a voicemail. So old school! There needs to be a fix for this.

Odessey
Punch Card
Views: 3,141
Message 7 of 24

Same exact problem as all other posters said pretty disheartning. Why is this thread marked solved?

Screenshot_20181127-105618.png

Joelsol
Paper Tape
Views: 3,133
Message 8 of 24

I figured it out. Go ahead and remove the Visual Voice Mail app. Then go into your phone app, hit the 3 dot menu button on top right, go to settings, then voicemail and turn on visual voicemail there. You won't see that option until the old visual voicemail app is removed from the phone.

A little information from Motorola/Lenovo would have been nice! Smiley Sad

Odessey
Punch Card
Views: 3,127
Message 9 of 24

Thanks Dude!Smiley Happy

mifisherman
Paper Tape
Views: 3,047
Message 10 of 24

Well I just checked my Moto G5 plus and there is no mention of any imbeded voicemail switch in my phone app or anywhere else. I wish there was. 

Top Kudoed Authors