Re: We need you!

Which region did you choose?

Rahul.Salin
006fazer
What's DOS?
Views: 348
Message 72 of 103

France, maybe, there is not soak test for the moment... ;-)
OS1111
Punch Card
Views: 264
Message 73 of 103

Re: We need you! will the G5 ever see any Android updates in the UK, hardly seems to be the response

Well, you know, it's not as if I haven't been trying. G5 bought and used in the U.K., running 7.0 . A year ago we were promised a roll out of 7.1, never arrived. Was told then register with MFN and I'd get it. U.S. site denied all knowledge of either my IMEI or serial number. U.K. site didn't even seem to know what MFN was, nor did anyone on the chat service. A year goes by, Oreo comes and goes, then we're told there's a roll out of 8.1, but seemingly only if you're in Brazil or India. Poor old U.K. gets missed out again, blame it on Brexit I suppose! "Register with MFN and it'll get rolled out to you" I read again. As per a year ago U.S. site a non-starter, despite my old E4 being there! U.K. site - whenever I try and enter my IMEI or serial number a spinners sets off and just runs and runs and runs and runs and....

Sad really as I'll now probably dump my G5 and switch to a supplier that keeps its promises about updates. If only Moto had said up front that the G5 will never recieve any Android updates in the U.K. I'd not have bought it in the first place - doh!

P.S. My old E4 LTE is about to get 8.1 via Lineage, shame Moto can't do the same!

Update - the U.K. site was very happy for me to remove my old E4 but can't add my G5 nor my E LTE in as new devices.

OS1
KPrimeau1
SCSI Port
Views: 250
Message 74 of 103

Re: We need you! will the G5 ever see any Android updates in the UK, hardly seems to be the response

Understanding is where you failed as a customer.

You actually expected to get a tester update with MFN with an attitude as this? Some of the smarter applicants for MFN (testing update only) won't even get in because of those that just want the update sooner. With this in mind, these flunkies that are getting in can screw up the official update for all of us.

MFN is for those that spend their time looking for the bugs and operation flaws and is in no way a stable update.

I am getting 12+ hours of SOT (Nougat) and don't even know why no one else is getting anywhere close to that. I'd be scared to change what I have actually.
Ayden610
Paper Tape
Views: 235
Message 75 of 103

Just joined the MFN ^^

OS1111
Punch Card
Views: 231
Message 76 of 103

According to the chat support agent the feature to Add Device in the U.K. has been discontinued! When I enter an IMEI or Serial Number an click Add Device a spinner appears and just keeps spinning. Please could you advise on how to "Register your Product on your regional Motorola website" in the U.K.. Thanks.
OS1
Ayden610
Paper Tape
Views: 228
Message 77 of 103

Hey. Are you trying to add your device on this link? Make sure it's the correct link. And also, the Add My Device feature is bugged, so you won't be able to add it through your phone. You'll have to add throw a desktop. Hope this helps.

OS1111
Punch Card
Views: 216
Message 78 of 103

Yes, that's the page. The Add Device just goes nowhere, spinning wheel and that's it. Tried on mobile and in Chrome and FireFox on Linux and OS-X. The U.S. site returns immediately and says the device is not recognised but the U.K. site is broken.

Please try it with a valid IMEI number or even just a random one. The U.S. site returns pretty quick but the U.K. site just spins and spins.

OS1
OS1111
Punch Card
Views: 205
Message 79 of 103

Re: We need you! - no longer available in Europe?

Received this from Moto via e-mail: (my emphasis added)

"Thank you for contacting Motorola.

Thank you for your interest in MFN Program

I apologise for  issue with MyStuff.
Please note that we are phasing out My Stuff in Europe and most new devices cannot be added - as this seems to be the case with your device, I would suggest to go to our forum and write in MFN thread - the organiser there should be able to help you and will advised how to sign up."

Does this mean that they are really not that interested in entrants to MFN from Europe anymore?! Is this indicative of why the G5 in the U.K. has not received any Android updates since the move to 7.0?
OS1
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 182
Message 80 of 103

Re: We need you! - no longer available in Europe?

@OS1111 wrote:

Received this from Moto via e-mail: (my emphasis added)

"Thank you for contacting Motorola.

Thank you for your interest in MFN Program

I apologise for  issue with MyStuff.
Please note that we are phasing out My Stuff in Europe and most new devices cannot be added - as this seems to be the case with your device, I would suggest to go to our forum and write in MFN thread - the organiser there should be able to help you and will advised how to sign up."

Does this mean that they are really not that interested in entrants to MFN from Europe anymore?! Is this indicative of why the G5 in the U.K. has not received any Android updates since the move to 7.0?

I'm not aware of any changes to My Stuff pages in any region. I'd like to look at some things from my end. Can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier, and serial number? -- this will help me investigate. 

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

-Tom

Top Kudoed Authors