Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NemoS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 274
Message 1 of 6

Where did "Reject with message" go?

After the upgrade to 8.1.0 (Moto G5) the swipe actions for answering or rejecting a call changed. Swipe up instead of right to answer. Annoying, but I can live with that.

But, the option to reject a call and send a pre-configured SMS is nowhere to be found. I don't find anything related in options. I can still configure the actual messages to choose from, but how do I actually send them?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 189
Message 2 of 6

Re: Where did "Reject with message" go?

Hi NemoS,

Thanks for posting. Can you send us a screenshot of how it looks like when you receive a phone call? I just tested with our G6 here (so not sure if we're seeing the same UI), while the phone is locked there's a "reply" button in the middle, touching it will give you the quick responses to send to the caller. Let me know.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

NemoS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 147
Message 3 of 6

I can try. I'll try touching the button first though. It's night here, so I'll have to wait a bit for that call...

BTW the latest update (the OS upgrade) solved the very annoying problem with the "answer button" on headsets not working correctly. I've seen a lot of quesions about it here, but the problem has been denied by Moto. It was very real. I have at least 5 headsets and 3 phones (HTC and Samsung). All the  headsets' buttons worked as expected with the two other phones, but not with the G3. Now they do. Great! But not so great the problem was denied earlier...

NemoS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 135
Message 4 of 6

I can't do what you asked because now there is another problem. I don't know if I accidentally changed some setting. I don't find anything applicable.

What happens now when someone calls is this. I don't get the usual splash screen with the callers profile picture and swipe options. The phone doesn't change screen at all but stays on, for instance, the desktop. A small dropdown displays at top with the options Answer and Reject.

Help! Smiley Sad

NemoS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 80
Message 5 of 6

Now I sometimes get the dropdown and sometimes I get the ordinary screen with profile picture and so on. I can't figure out why that is.

Anyway, I tried your suggestion. By reply button I assume you mean the red phone icon in the middle of the screen? Pressing it does nothing.

I've tried to take a screen cap, but it it doesn't seem to work with that screen (works fine otherwise).

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 62
Message 6 of 6

Hi NemoS,

Can you please send us a screenshot so we can replicate and confirm? Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors