Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

26 Posts

02-08-2015

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

24 Signins

202 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 202
  • Message 1 of 5

Why no update for UK g5

2017-11-14, 9:15 AM

Hi just got a Moto g5 and there is absolutely no updates at all for it I'm on software channel retgb and still on Jan 1st patch. This is not good for people who earn a wage to pay for your g5 product and to make matters worse the blue Bourne and krack are still yet to be patched and could cost us g5 user dearly if hack was implemented on our device.i want a explanation on why you are not supporting our g5 in the UK as we have paid for device and are entitled to the 18 to 24 month software update promise.i might even take this further as it's breaking the t&c of the product you sell and still selling

Regards scotte

S.Cunningham
Options

26 Posts

02-08-2015

24 Signins

202 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

Re: Why no update for UK g5

2017-11-14, 16:53 PM

Well I have just came off chat to Lenovo and I'm not surprised how clueless they are about there own products.they do not know at all if a update has been or will be released.so **bleep** this I'm going all out custom ROM on this least the people at XDA provide maintenance and support for the g5 which I might add did not make or get paid to support. **bleep** you Lenovo **bleep** your warranty as well,we the buyers that pay your wage for a product you make and have no clue what so ever about 

S.Cunningham
Options

2438 Posts

12-19-2016

Philippines

477 Signins

37577 Page Views

• Views: 37577
  • Message 3 of 5

2017-11-15, 21:24 PM

Hi scotte-motog

I understand that you woud like to have the latest software but are you encountering any issues on your phone that we can help you with? 

Essential patches are implemented as new security issues emerge, we'll evaluate them and update your phone as needed. Let me share it with the team to have it checked. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Options

26 Posts

02-08-2015

24 Signins

202 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2017-11-16, 18:17 PM

Yes krack and bluebourne need fixing also bug fixes the g5 lags some what when opening certain apps and takes a good 4 to 5 seconds to appear also being stuck on the January 1st patch is bad for business mean while other users across the globe have at leat march or august patch for security plus 7.1.2 SHOULD be on our device as it fixes issues on the standard 7.0  and these problems even occurred on my moto c which is on 7.0 but that got turned into a old fashion flip phone or clam shell as others will know it buy.how lenovo treats its customers on the software front is just shocking moto use to be great but lenovo has destroyed what moto worked years for.the updates should be rolled out no matter the cost to keep us customers safe and secure NOT when lenovo deems it a necessary 

S.Cunningham
Options

14 Posts

12-31-2017

3 Signins

119 Page Views

• Views: 119
  • Message 5 of 5

2017-12-31, 17:25 PM

Any news on essential security updates for UK G5 phones? They are now a year out of date!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms