Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arundiv
What's DOS?
Views: 1,091
Message 31 of 85

Re: WiFi drops and network issue after oreo upgrade

Same issue here. It doesn't connects to internet through WiFi or frequently disconnects. It is sad that this update has disappointed lot of Moto fans and bad enough to screw it's brand name. 

tarun_like
Paper Tape
Views: 1,065
Message 32 of 85

I have same issue after Oreo update.network signal low and dropped .what is solution .

Hitesh_Dahiya
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,017
Message 33 of 85

Issue:-

1. WiFi drops every other second.
  2. Doesn't show any WiFi networks at times.
  3. Even when connected and showing internet access it won't allow to do any internet related task.
  4. Despite all other issues if by miracle works for few minutes than at lower speeds.

I've gone through the whole thread and tried every single troubleshooting method. 

These are the outcomes:-

• There's WiFi drop no matter which connection I opt for. 
  • I've tried changing the WiFi connection even tried connecting to 3 different mobile hotspot. The issue prevails no matter which connection I use.
  • Tried resetting the WiFi router various times still no luck.
  • Tried resetting the WiFi settings from the phone but nothing helped.
  • Did complete reset of the phone (thrice) from settings and even hard reset from revivery mode the issue won't go away even in if phone's run in safe mode. 
  • Whole system cache has been cleared everything has been set tk default still no luck.
  • There aren't any many devices connected to to WiFi. Just my Moto G5S Plus. No luck in getting the WiFi to work.

Please do resolve this issue at an urgency.

P.S. All this happened after I updated to Oreo.

Subhan_md
Serial Port
Views: 1,012
Message 34 of 85

Change mobile network to 3g and try connecting wifi. This is only workaround until Moto fixes it. No other option and we can't skip wifi. Change it back to 4g wen u are away from home wifi. 

I do this and it helped me.

@Hitesh_Dahiya wrote:

Issue:-

1. WiFi drops every other second.
  2. Doesn't show any WiFi networks at times.
  3. Even when connected and showing internet access it won't allow to do any internet related task.
  4. Despite all other issues if by miracle works for few minutes than at lower speeds.

I've gone through the whole thread and tried every single troubleshooting method. 

These are the outcomes:-

• There's WiFi drop no matter which connection I opt for. 
  • I've tried changing the WiFi connection even tried connecting to 3 different mobile hotspot. The issue prevails no matter which connection I use.
  • Tried resetting the WiFi router various times still no luck.
  • Tried resetting the WiFi settings from the phone but nothing helped.
  • Did complete reset of the phone (thrice) from settings and even hard reset from revivery mode the issue won't go away even in if phone's run in safe mode. 
  • Whole system cache has been cleared everything has been set tk default still no luck.
  • There aren't any many devices connected to to WiFi. Just my Moto G5S Plus. No luck in getting the WiFi to work.

Please do resolve this issue at an urgency.

P.S. All this happened after I updated to Oreo.

Bristo
Punch Card
Views: 946
Message 35 of 85

wifi connection problem in oreo 8.1 moto G5 plus

wifi is not geting connected. Automatically droping wifi connection. This issue has started only when i updated my phone to oreo 8.1.

embus
Blue Screen Again
Views: 926
Message 36 of 85

Re: wifi connection problem in oreo 8.1 moto G5 plus

I have same issue.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 966
Message 37 of 85

Hello guys,

We are trying to isolate the cause of this concern which is precisely the reason why we provide some troubleshooting steps. Have you already tried the steps we initially provided?

If yes, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state. Also, please provide the make and model of your router and the security protocol you are using. Below are the steps for getting bug report:

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.

Note: Make sure that you turn developer options OFF after creating the bug report. Otherwise, it can cause issues on the phone with the additional logged being enabled in the background.

Also, what are the make and model of your router? What security protocol (WEP, WPA, WPA2) are you using? If anyone of you guys have a Mac to capture additional sniffer logs, we will greatly appreciate it as well.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

ArunG5
What's DOS?
Views: 854
Message 38 of 85

Same issue with WiFi for me also after Oreo update in G5 Plus.

Tried connecting to different WiFi's, but the same result.

At home, my desktop and mobile are connected to WiFi, while the desktop is fast the mobile is too slow.

I connected only the mobile to WiFi, and the same result. Restarting the modem and mobile did not help.

Chaging the network options from 4G to 3G also did not help.

Roheet
Paper Tape
Views: 844
Message 39 of 85

I was facing same issue after updating to Oreo. Network was lagging then WiFi icon was getting cross over it leading to close the connection completely and then back on again. While Other phones and devices at home were showing proper Speed that is supposed to be shown, My Moto G5 S Plus was not. 

BUT Switching 4G to 3G helped me. For those who are still encountering the issue, I think they might have dual sim inserted. I'm using single sim only. First I've resetted the phone and then tried to put my phone from 4G to 3G, and to my surprise it does helps. It has nothing to do what apps have been installed in the phone. 

I think it will get solved in the upcoming security patch. Till then one can manage with this solution if it works.

Thanks to the person who have suggested this solution. 

sdarshanas
Paper Tape
Views: 830
Message 40 of 85

Agreed issue is there but the time being solution which I have found is change your mobile network to 3g in both sims if using 2 and then connect to the WiFi its working for me

Top Kudoed Authors