Message 41 of 85
Moved:

Re: WiFi drops and network issue after oreo upgrade

Tamilmaran
Paper Tape
Views: 962
Message 42 of 85

my moto g5 plus had varying wifi signal as i checked with the router console, within 1 min it change around 10 - 20 dbm wifi signal leads to disconnection. but service fails to acknowledge this & wasting my warraty time & doing casual software installation

2.jpg

1.jpg

MOto g5 plus had hardware issue, but moto fails to accept it.

refund my payment or replace my mobile.

AjayPathe
Paper Tape
Views: 783
Message 43 of 85

Moto G5 plus WiFi problem after Oreo update

There is problem with my WiFi and Hotspot, my WiFi won't show me any network and Hotspot doesn't start it show's me error when I try to switch on the Hotspot this all started after upgrading my phone to the official update i.e oreo8.1.0 provided by the company I update my phone on 17aug 2018 and my problem started yesterday that is 19oct 2018 plz try to fix this problem as soon as possible. It is very irritating when this type of problem rise after official update provided by the company.

Devvyas
What's DOS?
Views: 899
Message 44 of 85

If you get any reply kindly update me as well. As i am facing the same problem with the WiFi. As i am also having jio sim as my primary data sim.

Email sukhdev.vyash01@gmail.com
VipulJ
Paper Tape
Views: 663
Message 45 of 85

wifi problem after oreo update 8.1.0 in moto g5 plus

i am having wifi connection problem after android oreo update 8.1.0 in moto g5 plus...the wifi gets disconnected after every 2 min automatically...please help..and fix this bug its very irritating to use..its not helpful at all...thank you.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 528
Message 46 of 85

Re: wifi problem after oreo update 8.1.0 in moto g5 plus

@VipulJ wrote:

i am having wifi connection problem after android oreo update 8.1.0 in moto g5 plus...the wifi gets disconnected after every 2 min automatically...please help..and fix this bug its very irritating to use..its not helpful at all...thank you.

Hi VipulJ,

Sorry to learn about the ongoing issue that you have been facing. We would like to help, just to narrow down— may I know if you have already tried removing all the saved wifi credentials and rebooted your device > tested? Does that make any difference?

If not, would request you to perform 'network reset' in settings > network & Internet > three dots > reset > reboot your device and observe again. Let us know if this helps.

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 835
Message 47 of 85

We would like to get more information about this as posted on my last post here. We would appreciate all the information we can get from affected users. I will pass it along to our engineers for investigation. Also, please let us know if you are using a Google mesh router.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Idrman
What's DOS?
Views: 759
Message 48 of 85

I too faced the same wifi issue after the update. However the solution in the screenshot has provided a temporary solution.  Hope this works this Moto provides a fix..

Please see attachment..

Thanks to Muhammed Usman for his post on Quora with this solution.. Cheers !!

Subhan_md
Serial Port
Views: 750
Message 49 of 85

@Idrman wrote:

I too faced the same wifi issue after the update. However the solution in the screenshot has provided a temporary solution.  Hope this works this Moto provides a fix..

Please see attachment..

Data saver option didn't workd out for me. I am Using the conventional method of putting 4g to 3g while accessing wifi.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 736
Message 50 of 85

@Subhan_md wrote:

@Idrman wrote:

Please see attachment..

Data saver option didn't workd out for me. I am Using the conventional method of putting 4g to 3g while accessing wifi.

Hi 

As 

Top Kudoed Authors