Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sai1994
What's DOS?
Views: 507
Message 51 of 85

Re: wifi issue after oreo update

This is not what was expected from Moto brand. They have huge number of customers throughout the globe. After the Oreo update on my Moto g5s plus in india, I'm not able to use wifi at all. It's getting disconnected far too often. It's been more than a month still there are no signs of any update to this issue. If this still persists, we might have to look for some other devices and not look for Moto. 

Tamilmaran
Paper Tape
Views: 495
Message 52 of 85

Re: WiFi drops and network issue after oreo upgrade

WiFi issue is still persists , service on trichy ,tamilnadu named teleport & toll free both are failed to acknowledge the issue.

In video, you can see both mobile tower & WiFi getting disconnecting.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1puHlqzGvJ3PPVft18eaIOMR8WMiIj62c/view?usp=drivesdk

Frustrated on poor Moto team support

Pro35
Paper Tape
Views: 725
Message 53 of 85

Sir @Agent_JM, I've filed the bug report as you've said and here is the link for it.

Looks like it's been more than 3 weeks since you've posted this and it's sad to see that there hasn't been any sophisticated solution yet or at least developments of any such solutions either.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZRQocUJwiyvUrYkzzznfkFHqsWKda0bX

The router that I'm using is a Mi 3C router with a Mixed Encryption (WAP/WAP2 both).

I'm using JIO and IDEA Sims and JIO is the primary one with 4G connection. And of course, the workaround of toggling the network to 3G is working.

Hope this info helps.

Please resolve the issue ASAP. 

Thanks and regards,

Pruthvi.

Monisha2
What's DOS?
Views: 674
Message 54 of 85

Also if you are using VPN, it is working
RichaDey
Paper Tape
Views: 631
Message 55 of 85

Hi,

PFB bug report link. I have done all steps  as mentioned. This issue needs to be solved as early as possible as so many users are getting effected by this. I have to always switch both my sim network to 3G to use wifi.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HdMIBp43mmA9S-8pJwcm8PgZ0X6dh89a/view?usp=drivesdk

Wifi Router that I am using is with mixed security WPA/WPA2 PSK configuration.

Thanks,

Richa

Subhan_md
Serial Port
Views: 611
Message 56 of 85

Which VPN are you using. 

@Monisha2 wrote:
Also if you are using VPN, it is working

Gopsrocking
Paper Tape
Views: 524
Message 57 of 85

I too have same issue, post Oreo 8.1 OTA update Moto g5s Plus is behaving odd in terms of performance as well as other issues like WiFi drop, Bluetooth connect drops. As informed in the post ihave collected the logs when the issue occured below is the link for the bug check logs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K_VnT0OyTkPNtE9lKrDlYVeGDzinei0c/view?usp=drivesdk

MBiance
What's DOS?
Views: 516
Message 58 of 85

It seems I am not alone, as I face the same dropouts others notice. I use an app to keep track of my office hours by monitoring the WiFi network. As long as the office network is within range, it will keep track of my shift.

But after the update, I kept getting notifications that my shift was over/starting, even though my phone is in my pocket. So I figured I might have to wipe the cache partition or so.

I now switched both networks to 3G to see if it will make a difference...

One thing I noticed is that instead of the usually seen 4G symbol in the notificationbar, since the update it was displayed as 4G+.

Not sure if that is of any interest...

I am here in the Netherlands with Simyo on the KPN network.

MBiance
What's DOS?
Views: 442
Message 59 of 85

Unfortunately, the change of 4G to 3G did not change anything for me. It keeps dropping the WiFi connection...

Very annoying!

Wil50
What's DOS?
Views: 410
Message 60 of 85

Also finding wi-fi worse with Oreo. Tried 3G selection and saw slight improvement. Then tried switching off Bluetooth and got a massive improvement in speed

Top Kudoed Authors