Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarwan_MotG5SPL
What's DOS?
Views: 266
Message 71 of 85

Re: WiFi drops and network issue after oreo upgrade

Yes , am also facing the same problem. I am using JIO, If I update my network type to 3G , the wifi works fine, Whereas JIO wont work with that network type. I didnt had this issue with Noughat. Please fix this issue ASAP. BTW am using Moto G5S plus. 

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 252
Message 72 of 85

@Sarwan_MotG5SPL wrote:

Yes , am also facing the same problem. I am using JIO, If I update my network type to 3G , the wifi works fine, Whereas JIO wont work with that network type. I didnt had this issue with Noughat. Please fix this issue ASAP. BTW am using Moto G5S plus. 

Don't hold your breath, Moto/Leno has known for weeks G5 fails with his update.  Poor corporate citizen.

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 250
Message 73 of 85

@carameljm wrote:
when will this be fixed? what to do?

Nothing but crickets from Motorola corporation.  Wonder what they did with that massive tax break.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 213
Message 74 of 85

Re: wifi issue after oreo update

@motg5splus_user wrote:

I am facing the wifi connecting issue after oreo update.Speed is very slow and after sometimes it got disconnected.

Other devices using same wifi is working perfectly.

I am not able to use wifi.

Please provide guideline to resolve.

Hi motg5splus_user,

Thank you for sharing the Bug Report.

Request you to try these below steps & let us know.

1. For Jio users, please move router AP to channel 11 or change it to 5Ghz in your device.

2. For Airtel LTE users, set your network to 3G/2G as long as connected to Wi-Fi(or move to AP 11 or 5Ghz) and monitor for few days.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 213
Message 75 of 85

@Tamilmaran wrote:

WiFi issue is still persists , service on trichy ,tamilnadu named teleport & toll free both are failed to acknowledge the issue.

In video, you can see both mobile tower & WiFi getting disconnecting.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1puHlqzGvJ3PPVft18eaIOMR8WMiIj62c/view?usp=drivesdk

Frustrated on poor Moto team support

Hi Tamilmaran,

1. For Jio users, please move router AP to channel 11 or change it to 5Ghz in your device.

2. For Airtel LTE users, set your network to 3G/2G as long as connected to Wi-Fi(or move to AP 11 or 5Ghz) and monitor for few days.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 223
Message 76 of 85

@Pro35 wrote:

Sir @Agent_JM, I've filed the bug report as you've said and here is the link for it.

Looks like it's been more than 3 weeks since you've posted this and it's sad to see that there hasn't been any sophisticated solution yet or at least developments of any such solutions either.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZRQocUJwiyvUrYkzzznfkFHqsWKda0bX

The router that I'm using is a Mi 3C router with a Mixed Encryption (WAP/WAP2 both).

I'm using JIO and IDEA Sims and JIO is the primary one with 4G connection. And of course, the workaround of toggling the network to 3G is working.

Hope this info helps.

Please resolve the issue ASAP. 

Thanks and regards,

Pruthvi.

Hi Pro35,

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 218
Message 77 of 85

@RichaDey wrote:

Hi,

PFB bug report link. I have done all steps  as mentioned. This issue needs to be solved as early as possible as so many users are getting effected by this. I have to always switch both my sim network to 3G to use wifi.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HdMIBp43mmA9S-8pJwcm8PgZ0X6dh89a/view?usp=drivesdk

Wifi Router that I am using is with mixed security WPA/WPA2 PSK configuration.

Thanks,

Richa

Hi RichaDey,

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 216
Message 78 of 85

@Gopsrocking wrote:

I too have same issue, post Oreo 8.1 OTA update Moto g5s Plus is behaving odd in terms of performance as well as other issues like WiFi drop, Bluetooth connect drops. As informed in the post ihave collected the logs when the issue occured below is the link for the bug check logs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K_VnT0OyTkPNtE9lKrDlYVeGDzinei0c/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi Gopsrocking,

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 193
Message 79 of 85

@Agent_Nikh wrote:

@Gopsrocking wrote:

I too have same issue, post Oreo 8.1 OTA update Moto g5s Plus is behaving odd in terms of performance as well as other issues like WiFi drop, Bluetooth connect drops. As informed in the post ihave collected the logs when the issue occured below is the link for the bug check logs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K_VnT0OyTkPNtE9lKrDlYVeGDzinei0c/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi Gopsrocking,

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Finally Moto Support weighs in.  Are these workarounds supported by lab tests or shots in the dark -- not a rhetorical question.   What finding might you expect from the 3G change?  What bearing would cell have on Wifi given separate bands?

Thanks for paying attention, GG

genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 187
Message 80 of 85

Re: wifi issue after oreo update

@Agent_Nikh wrote:

@motg5splus_user wrote:

I am facing the wifi connecting issue after oreo update.Speed is very slow and after sometimes it got disconnected.

Other devices using same wifi is working perfectly.

I am not able to use wifi.

Please provide guideline to resolve.

Hi motg5splus_user,

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Now please address the myriad other issues with this upgrade; e.g. battery fubar.  See reports on this forum and elsewhere.  Thanks again, GG

Top Kudoed Authors